RC cars n trucks

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I do like the sound of A little nitro engine.... gotta decide if I want to sell the T-maxx or keep it for a tinker toy....
I have a feeling once you go electric, you won't want to go back to nitro.

The only downside of the Summit is that it's one of the only 1/10 scale Traxxas trucks that doesn't come in a brushless version. You'll want to do a conversion at some point.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I kinda want one of the large scale 2 stroke buggies...dunno wtf I'd do with it, but I want it

Reactions: Rwjeter

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Brushed is better for crawling, and they dont screw up when they get wet either. Brushless is definitely more powerful and faster, but brushed is better for crawlers.

And you will miss the sound of nitro, until the first time you take the car out at night and rip around the neighborhood silently

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Brushed is better for crawling, and they dont screw up when they get wet either. Brushless is definitely more powerful and faster, but brushed is better for crawlers.

And you will miss the sound of nitro, until the first time you take the car out at night and rip around the neighborhood silently
I don't have much experience with crawlers. Where I come from, faster is better.
All my brushless stuff is waterproof though.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Darkdiesel

Hunter
Jul 8, 2015
I'm digging my axial yeti, my son and i built it from the kit.

The hobao has been a tank and held up well bashing, the only thing that's gone out was the steering servo and i think that's my fault.

My mini revo is probably my favorite and is a little tank after i replaced all the traxxas plastic with rpm.

I'd like to get the arma outcast next. 8s and standing full throttle back flips.... $75 off coupon from tower right now puts it at $470 plus batteries.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm digging my axial yeti, my son and i built it from the kit.

The hobao has been a tank and held up well bashing, the only thing that's gone out was the steering servo and i think that's my fault.

My mini revo is probably my favorite and is a little tank after i replaced all the traxxas plastic with rpm.

I'd like to get the arma outcast next. 8s and standing full throttle back flips.... $75 off coupon from tower right now puts it at $470 plus batteries.
I get more use out of my mini revo than anything else as well. Same thing, just spent a few bucks to buy all the rpm parts.

I'm really digging the 1/16 stuff. More time running, less time and money fixing things.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
And if that video for the TRX-4 doesn't make you want one, hand over your man card.

Darkdiesel

Hunter
Jul 8, 2015
I get more use out of my mini revo than anything else as well. Same thing, just spent a few bucks to buy all the rpm parts.

I'm really digging the 1/16 stuff. More time running, less time and money fixing things.

Less expensive all around and i feel the skill to keep it rubber down is slightly higher. I put 2.2 tires on it so it rides a little better and can take jumps a little smoother. I also changed the springs and shock oil so it's not as jumpy when steering.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
And if that video for the TRX-4 doesn't make you want one, hand over your man card.
They have put more into marketing in the last decade than everyone else in the history of RC combined. And they're good at it. If you go to any NHRA or NMRA events, they'll be there doing demos and stunt shows and stuff.

Reactions: Rwjeter

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
You been outta the game for a while. You're gonna show up and get your feelings hurt not being able to keep up with the little electric trucks.:boink:

Yeah, a good friend of mine was running a Hellfire too, 8-9yrs ago, he upgraded to electric then and I was impressed! These brushless ain't playing around!

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Me too. I just picked up a SCORE yeti jr and its a blast. My slash is way too fast to have fun in the garage, but not this little guy. I havent broke anything either. I think i broke the slash in the first or second charge lol