Rattle Canned the AR

American Revival Apparel Company
Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
It's just rattle can so it isn't going to compare to anything like ceracoat or duracoat. I have noticed that it is tough enough though. I haven't seen any scratches from my first range trip where I confirmed zero and did so "El Prez" drills with the rifle
I realize that. I am just interested in how it holds up with careful use.

Reactions: mmason3

Glock_21

Scout
May 19, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Zip code
Looks like you did a nice job! How durable does it seem to be? Does it scratch off with a fingernail? Post a pic after a few range trips. Id liked to see how it holds up

A little bit of scuff and wear here and there just adds to the "cool factor". I've been meaning to take the rattle cans to one of mine. I need to get around and "pull the trigger" on that project.

Reactions: mmason3

mmason3

Hunter
Jan 9, 2016
Winston-Salem NC
Zip code
Very cool!
Thank you! It took me a while to find the time to get it done, but I'm glad I did it. I would recommend it to any one that is interested. I would however suggest using the stencil kits from montactical.com instead of the Etsy stuff. His stencils look a little easier to apply. Just an observation after have gone through the process

mmason3

Hunter
Jan 9, 2016
Winston-Salem NC
Zip code
It looks really good . I'm going to use aervoe paint for mine. How well does that pattern actually work?
I'm not sure how well the pattern works in terms of concealment, but Kyrptek has made a name for themselves in the hunting/outdoors department with their pattern and color schemes. You could google image search for "Kryptek" and see how it looks