Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I think id prefer a little more room but before I start modifying I need to fall in love with the platform :)
Undercut that thing! You'll love it. Zero regrets on mine.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@Frogman my G26 feels WAY better after I did the double undercut. It needed it the worst.

IMG_20170321_044912792.jpg

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
First range report and accidental comparison.

1. Test Iron sights
The day that I received the Glock i dry fired it some and was a little worried about the trigger, its a bit spongy up towards the break point and the break is heavy id say close to 5lb but i dont have a gauge, those fears quickly went away as i started firing it as the trigger pretty decent in action a little heavy but predictable and did what i wanted it to do. The problem that i have had with plastic frames in the past XDM of first shot not being on target did not appear to be a problem on the Glock. Trigger finger access was a little awkward but the beavertail backstrap helped a lot with that (accuracy was not impact with or without it). At this point Im liking the thing and telling myself I should have tried this much earlier... but then!

2.The comparison to the 75
I put the RMR on and found that it was way off so rummaged around in my range bag for something zero it with (ended up using a round) but I found something else, my trusty 75 compact, I pulled it out and started comparing it with the Glock, they are about the same size, very close in weight and both can be had at around the $500 price, so i decided to take the comparison to the shooting as well and soon the shadows started to appear on my new love affair with the Glock. The Glock has a decent trigger but the 75 has a great trigger both lighter and a cleaner break, I had though my groups with the Clock had been good but my 75 groups were all an inch tighter, this surprised me to the point that I removed the RMR again to get a iron to iron comparison but same result I shoot considerably better with a vanilla 75 compared to Glock with rmr or irons, Granted these are upgraded sights on the Glock so I need to get my hands on factories to try but still. The hands down winner in this comparison for my was the 75.

3. Test Trijicon RMR
This was a bit of a disappointment for me, the fiber optic illumination is not great in an indoor range illuminated by fluorescent lights, Its ok though you clearly see the reticle but not as bright as id like. once i had zeroed the sight my accuracy was similar with the RMR and Irons however I often found my target for followup shots quicker with Irons especially if lost sight of the holo reticle, Im sure thats just because i have very limited rounds down range with an RMR so I had to think about how do i find the reticle again rather than just doing it second nature like with the irons.

Conclusion.
The Glock is a great gun that I want to play with some more however the 75 is a much much much better gun in my humble opinion.

IMG_0349.JPG

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code

1. Test Iron sights
The day that I received the Glock i dry fired it some and was a little worried about the trigger, its a bit spongy up towards the break point and the break is heavy id say close to 5lb but i dont have a gauge, those fears quickly went away as i started firing it as the trigger pretty decent in action a little heavy but predictable and did what i wanted it to do. The problem that i have had with plastic frames in the past XDM of first shot not being on target did not appear to be a problem on the Glock. Trigger finger access was a little awkward but the beavertail backstrap helped a lot with that (accuracy was not impact with or without it). At this point Im liking the thing and telling myself I should have tried this much earlier... but then!

2.The comparison to the 75
I put the RMR on and found that it was way off so rummaged around in my range bag for something zero it with (ended up using a round) but I found something else, my trusty 75 compact, I pulled it out and started comparing it with the Glock, they are about the same size, very close in weight and both can be had at around the $500 price, so i decided to take the comparison to the shooting as well and soon the shadows started to appear on my new love affair with the Glock. The Glock has a decent trigger but the 75 has a great trigger both lighter and a cleaner break, I had though my groups with the Clock had been good but my 75 groups were all an inch tighter, this surprised me to the point that I removed the RMR again to get a iron to iron comparison but same result I shoot considerably better with a vanilla 75 compared to Glock with rmr or irons, Granted these are upgraded sights on the Glock so I need to get my hands on factories to try but still. The hands down winner in this comparison for my was the 75.

3. Test Trijicon RMR
This was a bit of a disappointment for me, the fiber optic illumination is not great in an indoor range illuminated by fluorescent lights, Its ok though you clearly see the reticle but not as bright as id like. once i had zeroed the sight my accuracy was similar with the RMR and Irons however I often found my target for followup shots quicker with Irons especially if lost sight of the holo reticle, Im sure thats just because i have very limited rounds down range with an RMR so I had to think about how do i find the reticle again rather than just doing it second nature like with the irons.

Conclusion.
The Glock is a great gun that I want to play with some more however the 75 is a much much much better gun in my humble opinion.

View attachment 26928
Its hard to beat a good ol cz
I've honestly never shot a CZ rifle or pistol. I'm going to fix part of that this weekend.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
sweet, look forward to hearing what you think of them.
Absolutely. I'm doing a write up on the 455 in the Rimfire section. Check it out if you get a chance. And so @AirOpsMgr doesn't bitch about me going off topic again.... Glock Glock Glock!

Reactions: AtlMedic

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I've tried a ton of Glocks and just don't care for them. I've owned probably a couple dozen different Glocks in 9mm, .40, .45 and 10mm. The only one I even remotely missed at all once I got rid of it is the Glock 29(subcompact 10mm). I didn't even really like how it shot or anything, I just liked the fireball from that little barrel with full power 10mm loads.

SmartSelectImage_2017-03-23-08-12-41.png

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
The Glock has a decent trigger but the 75 has a great trigger both lighter and a cleaner break...

The Glock benefits greatly from what is commonly known as the "25 cent trigger job". I've done this to all of my Glocks and it nets a great improvement in feel and a small lightening of the trigger for zero dollars. I accomplish mine with 2000 grit paper, Flitz, and q-tip.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
The Glock benefits greatly from what is commonly known as the "25 cent trigger job". I've done this to all of my Glocks and it nets a great improvement in feel and a small lightening of the trigger for zero dollars. I accomplish mine with 2000 grit paper, Flitz, and q-tip.

hmm, I might just do that when i pull the rear sight off. Im not sure im going to be able to give a fair comparison though as I only have one Glock so cant really compare, kinda like how I "liked" the Glock trigger pull until i compared it with a CZ 75.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
hmm, I might just do that when i pull the rear sight off. Im not sure im going to be able to give a fair comparison though as I only have one Glock so cant really compare, kinda like how I "liked" the Glock trigger pull until i compared it with a CZ 75.
The current CZ omega trigger is hard to beat. Older CZs were good but not great and also benefitted from polishing and de-burring. My custom shop PCR was easily the most forgiving and accurate handgun that I've owned to date.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Plastic Adventure continues.

I had an opportunity to add a sig 320c in a multi gun trade that also included a Glock 26, I have been curious about the 320 ever since the Army adopted it over the Glock so I jumped on it an took both straight to the range for a comparison with the G19 and CZ75.

IMG_1763.JPG

At first i put a couple of mags through the two new (to me) pistols to get a little familiar with them and found that the trigger on the g26 is exactly like the g19 so i now have a comparison for the polish job but thats a different post, the trigger on the 320 is better than the Glock but due to frame shape and my monster hands when it recoils the trigger hits my trigger finger, im sure there is a technical term for it but im going to call that phenominon trigger jerk in that the trigger is a total Jerk.

Shooting comparison, I set up 4 targets and two firing lines one at 8 and another at 22+- yards, and then proceeded to fire 5rds from each gun on a separate target from the 22 line and then repeated from the 8yard line.
IMG_1761.JPG IMG_1762.JPG

Picture below is G19 on left and CZ75 on right from 22 line, It would seem that I sometimes brace a little for the Glock round causing low left shots on on the CZ I may rush a little cause its easy.
IMG_1765.JPG

and now with the addition of the 8 yard line, both groups super tight at such a close distance.
IMG_1768.JPG

Next up is the 320 and G26 in a reply as i have exceeded the pic limit

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
from the 22y line: 320 on left and G26 on left. I shoot super low with the 320 so much so that only 3 out of 5 rounds landed on target, G26 is somewhat better althogh grouping is large and one round is off target, but this is a sub compact gun and surprisingly big in spirit, what i mean by that is that when shooting it with the pinky extension it almost feels bigger than most subcompacts and is more comfortable to shoot but some of that may be due to the fat double stack grip. IMG_1766.JPG

now with the 8y rounds
IMG_1769.JPG
Kid is shouting so conclusion in next post...

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
So conclusion: WTF was the army thinking about!!! the Glock is clearly better than the 320 and Im a bit of a Sig fanboy. I will attempt to get more frames for the Sig an try other configurations but in today's comparison it gets forth place out of 3 :(

Reactions: AtlMedic