Plastic fantastic.

GA Firing Line

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Pulled the trigger so to speak, as many of you suggested i bought a 19. I haven't taken it to the range yet but here are my first impressions.

1. Pricing: after keeping an eye out on the used Glock market for 2 months I can say with confident that the $400 Glock is a myth unless you are looking for a .40 or single stack. anything else is a great deal at $450 but you are much more likely to pay closer to $500.

2. Feel:
a. The 19 is borderline of benefiting from a pinky extension in my hand so ill likely shoot it some before looking for one.
b. Its a little heavy-er than id expect from a plastic but then again maybe thats why its better than other plastics in that its almost as heavy as metal frame.
c. Maybe not a Glock issue but a little frustrated that the rear sight extends into MOS plate area making the fit for my Trijicon real tight and the FF3 does not fit without removing the sight.

Well here she is my first Gluck, looking much forward to sending a few lb's of ammo down range :)

IMG_0348[1].JPG

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
Pulled the trigger so to speak, as many of you suggested i bought a 19. I haven't taken it to the range yet but here are my first impressions.

1. Pricing: after keeping an eye out on the used Glock market for 2 months I can say with confident that the $400 Glock is a myth unless you are looking for a .40 or single stack. anything else is a great deal at $450 but you are much more likely to pay closer to $500.

2. Feel:
a. The 19 is borderline of benefiting from a pinky extension in my hand so ill likely shoot it some before looking for one.
b. Its a little heavy-er than id expect from a plastic but then again maybe thats why its better than other plastics in that its almost as heavy as metal frame.
c. Maybe not a Glock issue but a little frustrated that the rear sight extends into MOS plate area making the fit for my Trijicon real tight and the FF3 does not fit without removing the sight.

Well here she is my first Gluck, looking much forward to sending a few lb's of ammo down range :)

View attachment 26872

Good looking gun

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

2. Feel:

View attachment 26872
If you just need a little room on the grip a trigger guard undercut is super easy and makes a huge difference.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I think id prefer a little more room but before I start modifying I need to fall in love with the platform :)
That's smart. If you do decide to keep it then I would recommend doing it. It seriously takes like 10 minutes with a dremel and I kicked myself for not doing it sooner.

Reactions: Rwjeter

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Nice pistol!

A factory rear sight wouldn't be an issue- they don't overhang the dovetail at all (front or rear). Neither do my Glock NS, for what it's worth.

Glad to hear you're giving it a chance. I did the same thing with a G17 police trade in and haven't looked back... even though I always used to give the plastic frame pistols shit.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
That's smart. If you do decide to keep it then I would recommend doing it. It seriously takes like 10 minutes with a dremel and I kicked myself for not doing it sooner.
pics?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
It's not perfect, and the front undercut needs a little work but really isn't needed anyway. The trigger guard is still plenty sturdy and I can't make it bend or anything. But that little extra room for the middle finger under the trigger guard is great. @Rwjeter did his too and he seems to like his as well.
IMG_1698.JPG

Reactions: Rwjeter

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
It's not perfect, and the front undercut needs a little work but really isn't needed anyway. The trigger guard is still plenty sturdy and I can't make it bend or anything. But that little extra room for the middle finger under the trigger guard is great. @Rwjeter did his too and he seems to like his as well.
View attachment 26877
cool, did you do it with a soldering iron?