Pictures from the mini farm (hobby farm) (pix heavy)

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I would love to have a set up like that one day. But some land, build a shack and have a mini farm.

It wasn't what we set out to do, but things grow out of hand. We started out w/ 3 ducks and 3 dogs and look at us now. :) All this was her idea, she wanted to homestead, but unbeknown to me, she is an animal hoarder. She likes to collect and feed. So, far not so big on harvesting and eating them. But the time is drawing near for the meat birds. I am hoping they will make it to cooler weather and they are being culled.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
But some land, build a shack and have a mini farm.

I mentioned this earlier, but I don't know if you caught it. We are doing all this on about an acre. I have 3/4 of an acre of woods that I have to remove for a cow pasture, but right now everything is basically on about an acre. The chickens of course roam all about, but the cows are in a small pen and we tie them out every few days for fresh grass.

00formula6spd

Frontiersman
Jul 13, 2015
Lilburn Ga.
Zip code
My dad raised cattle full size) few years back and his rule was 1 head for every acre. Kept 20 most of the time but now he is 85 years old and just has 3 miniature horses and donkey. I love going there.

Reactions: sam

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
My dad raised cattle full size) few years back and his rule was 1 head for every acre. Kept 20 most of the time but now he is 85 years old and just has 3 miniature horses and donkey. I love going there.

The rule for miniature cows is 1/4-1/2 acre per cow for grass. We feed primarily hay at the moment since we don't have pasture. Hoping to get some help this fall to drop 3/4 acre of trees to make pasture.

00formula6spd

Frontiersman
Jul 13, 2015
Lilburn Ga.
Zip code
The rule for miniature cows is 1/4-1/2 acre per cow for grass. We feed primarily hay at the moment since we don't have pasture. Hoping to get some help this fall to drop 3/4 acre of trees to make pasture.
Yea, my dad has 90 acres and leases out some to folks for hay fields. He had roosters chicks and guineas for a while. Loved to wake up to that.

Reactions: sam and Dixietoolz

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Yea, my dad has 90 acres and leases out some to folks for hay fields. He had roosters chicks and guineas for a while. Loved to wake up to that.

I am surrounded by family land and trying to talk daddy into letting me use some of his property. So, far no luck. He's got 15-20 acres of pasture just begging to be fenced in.

Reactions: sam and Dixietoolz

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
My dads place is in Rye Tx, so I don't get to spend much time there.

We are on family land going back 8-10 generations. It was originally purchased in the Indian Land Lottery. I'm not going anywhere. There's not but 5 houses worth of close family left out here although there are a few distant cousins in close proximity as well.

Reactions: Dixietoolz

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
That is very impressive with that amount of land. Makes me wonder how my neighbors would feel about some cows in the back yard. I just don't have much grass though.