Pics from recent Guerrilla Sniper Course, plus Rooster the Range Dog

Faktory 47

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Yep. It’s called Arena Training Facility now. The last several times I taught this course it was down there. Problem is, it’s costs me a lot more money to run the course down there. Range rental costs are several times more, I have to drive 6 hours round trip, pay for all that diesel fuel I burn, and pay for my lodgings and food. All of that gets added into the cost of the course.

Another good thing about the facility in Powder Springs is that, because it’s so close to me, it’s easy for to go out there in the weeks before the course and stage supplies and props. With all the room that the doors, windows, and windshields take up, it would be difficult for me to haul them down to Arena for the course, which is why I never did those drills down there.

Arena has the benefits of longer distances to shoot, and the ability to shoot after dark. We’re looking at extending the range in Powder Springs a little bit, and at the next course on December 19-20 we will shoot 1 or 2 lowlight portions as it gets dark earlier that time of the year.
GTI Legion in SC. It's a decommissioned nuclear decommissioning facility.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Yep. It’s called Arena Training Facility now. The last several times I taught this course it was down there. Problem is, it’s costs me a lot more money to run the course down there. Range rental costs are several times more, I have to drive 6 hours round trip, pay for all that diesel fuel I burn, and pay for my lodgings and food. All of that gets added into the cost of the course.

Another good thing about the facility in Powder Springs is that, because it’s so close to me, it’s easy for to go out there in the weeks before the course and stage supplies and props. With all the room that the doors, windows, and windshields take up, it would be difficult for me to haul them down to Arena for the course, which is why I never did those drills down there.

Arena has the benefits of longer distances to shoot, and the ability to shoot after dark. We’re looking at extending the range in Powder Springs a little bit, and at the next course on December 19-20 we will shoot 1 or 2 lowlight portions as it gets dark earlier that time of the year.
Would love to do some long range night shooting. I've got a PVS27 that I have waaaaay underutilized. Would love to get out with someone/people that have more experience at range with NVCO's

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
GTI Legion in SC. It's a decommissioned nuclear decommissioning facility.

Aaaah.......ya gotta be more specific.

I’m familiar with them, as well, although I’ve never used their facility. One of the folks there contacted me years ago about teaching some courses for them.

Again, I’d have to travel a goodly ways, with all its inherent added costs and restrictions, plus it costs more to rent the facility for a course. Also, not sure that I’d be teaching much that they aren’t already teaching there.

They’re about 3.5hrs from me in Barnwell SC.

They do have a fuckin’ awesome facility.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Would love to do some long range night shooting. I've got a PVS27 that I have waaaaay underutilized. Would love to get out with someone/people that have more experience at range with NVCO's

The drills I run at night don’t require NVD’s, or even illuminated reticles.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Aaaah.......ya gotta be more specific.

I’m familiar with them, as well, although I’ve never used their facility. One of the folks there contacted me years ago about teaching some courses for them.

Again, I’d have to travel a goodly ways, with all its inherent added costs and restrictions, plus it costs more to rent the facility for a course. Also, not sure that I’d be teaching much that they aren’t already teaching there.

They do have a fuckin’ awesome facility.
BZ I assume? Wish he was still there, even though he makes me feel like a shitty shooter.

It's just a cool place. Feel like you are stepping back in time and/or into Pripyat. By far my favorite place I've shot. Also by far wore my ass out. July hear, climbing ladders all over the place, even burnt my ass to the point that it was covered in blisters after mistakingly sitting down on a stainless holding tank baking in the July sun.

Reactions: 3x

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
You should change that. :)

I’m not requiring NV equipment because very few folks own it for precision rifles. If I can’t get a decent amount of students to sign up, then the course is not financially viable for me to run

I have trained SWAT Teams and LE Snipers to use their NVD’s.

I could run something like that as a private class. I could advertise a different class that requires it, but would more than likely have to charge a lot more for it because the class size would be so small.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I’m not requiring NV equipment because very few folks own it for precision rifles. If I can’t get a decent amount of students to sign up, then the course is not financially viable for me to run

I could run something like that as a private class. I could advertise a different class that requires it, but would more than likely have to charge a lot more for it because the class size would be so small.
I understand. Amazing what you don't have to work with with at night looking through a green tube. I only have 2 buddies with NV, so certainly understand the struggles of putting together any sort of event of any type

Reactions: cmshoot

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I understand. Amazing what you don't have to work with with at night looking through a green tube. I only have 2 buddies with NV, so certainly understand the struggles of putting together any sort of event of any type

I can teach a class in Aerial Platform Sniping, e.g. Sniping From A Helo, but the cost would be so high that I don’t think I’d get many students.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I can teach a class in Aerial Platform Sniping, e.g. Sniping From A Helo, but the cost would be so high that I don’t think I’d get many students.

Could you do a class that incorporates aerial hog hunting from said Helo? I'd pay big bucks to be able to do that somewhere in GA vs going all the way to Texas where they have several Helo hunting guides/outfitters there.

Reactions: 3x

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Could you do a class that incorporates aerial hog hunting from said Helo? I'd pay big bucks to be able to do that somewhere in GA vs going all the way to Texas where they have several Helo hunting guides/outfitters there.

I don’t know of an outfit that offers aerial hog hunting in Georgia. There are plenty out in TX. In order to do it, you need a lot of land and a guarantee of seeing a large number of hogs, in an open environment where you can get clear shots. We just don’t have that in Georgia.

There are already plenty of outfits setup to do aerial hog hunts in TX, and the prices are very reasonable. Book with one of them.

Here in GA, I’d have to find a helicopter rental company that would let me shoot rifles from their helo. Helicopter rental isn’t cheap, and I bet when I tell them what I want to do, that price goes up.

I guarantee that Arena Training Facility would allow me to run the course at their facility; they have close to 5,000 acres nowadays. In the past, under previous ownership, they had asked me to run an LE class in Aerial Platform Sniping for them, but it never came to fruition before they went under.

Reactions: Jake