Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That looks like a badass course!

Ditto.

Some of those unsuppressed rifles must have been interesting... like the poor guy lending his shoulder for support with the muzzle break right in front of him.

Holy shit! I missed that the first time. Talk about feeling like you're getting punched in the face.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I really can’t wait to take this class. @cmshoot do you always have access to the house for this class? If that’s the range I think it is, I would guess it’s around 200 yards max you can shoot from the house?

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Ditto.

Some of those unsuppressed rifles must have been interesting... like the poor guy lending his shoulder for support with the muzzle break right in front of him.
Been there, done that, DT SRS (bullpup) with an APA Lil Bastard on the front. It sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: dial1911

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
On a side note, have you looked into using Legion for similar courses? That place would be the bomb Diggity for an urban sniper course.

Reactions: cmshoot

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Duuuude...you've lost a good chunk of weight since the last time I've seen you!:thumb::thumb:

Yep! I’ve lost weight since the pics above, even!

Still on my way down. When you last saw me, I was probably at around 239lbs or so. In the pics above I was about 210lbs. Now I’m at about 205lbs and still on my way down. Looking to get below 200lbs.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
On a side note, have you looked into using Legion for similar courses? That place would be the bomb Diggity for an urban sniper course.

Yep. It’s called Arena Training Facility now. The last several times I taught this course it was down there. Problem is, it’s costs me a lot more money to run the course down there. Range rental costs are several times more, I have to drive 6 hours round trip, pay for all that diesel fuel I burn, and pay for my lodgings and food. All of that gets added into the cost of the course.

Another good thing about the facility in Powder Springs is that, because it’s so close to me, it’s easy for to go out there in the weeks before the course and stage supplies and props. With all the room that the doors, windows, and windshields take up, it would be difficult for me to haul them down to Arena for the course, which is why I never did those drills down there.

Arena has the benefits of longer distances to shoot, and the ability to shoot after dark. We’re looking at extending the range in Powder Springs a little bit, and at the next course on December 19-20 we will shoot 1 or 2 lowlight portions as it gets dark earlier that time of the year.