PAP M92 SBR????

Howard Law

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Had the pleasure a couple weeks ago to shoot a random strangers M92 SBR!

It has me sold on getting the paperwork done to do mine. His had a Manticore Arms Night Brake on it, and I'm sold on it with the reduction of rise and recoil. I just need to find a stock that will suit me.

Anyone else that requires a little longer stock than others, any recommendations of companies that offer different lengths of stocks?

Reactions: Mac11FA

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Had the pleasure a couple weeks ago to shoot a random strangers M92 SBR!

It has me sold on getting the paperwork done to do mine. His had a Manticore Arms Night Brake on it, and I'm sold on it with the reduction of rise and recoil. I just need to find a stock that will suit me.

Anyone else that requires a little longer stock than others, any recommendations of companies that offer different lengths of stocks?

I started digging into this a while back and decided to not go SBR, because I travel across state lines...however I then spoke to a friend who told me every January before SHOT Show, he sends in a form for his SBR's for the entire year to get "permission" to travel across state lines with his SBR's.

So now I'm back to considering it. If I did it, I would look at this: http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30258

I read a great article with pics on Reddit about it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ak47/comments/2ap9te/m92_pap_pistol_into_sidefolding_sbr_picture/

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I started digging into this a while back and decided to not go SBR, because I travel across state lines...however I then spoke to a friend who told me every January before SHOT Show, he sends in a form for his SBR's for the entire year to get "permission" to travel across state lines with his SBR's.

So now I'm back to considering it. If I did it, I would look at this: http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30258

I read a great article with pics on Reddit about it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ak47/comments/2ap9te/m92_pap_pistol_into_sidefolding_sbr_picture/
I do the same thing for any state I MIGHT travel to.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
@rOmiLaYu is the man to talk about when it comes to Pap SBRs. Sadly he isn't around much anymore.
dzk3ngtj85ts1jwwfmd3.jpg

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Basically, to properly SBR an M92 with a folding stock, plan on spending double what you spent on the pistol. installing the side folding stock requires removing the original trunnion and installing a new one, along with removal of the front trunnion to install the stock catch latch.

You can screw a Manticore folding mechanism onto the back of the original receiver and do it the "easy" way and only be in it a few hundred.

And slammed, you're an orge like me, make sure and get a NATO length stock. That Warsaw triangle mess is for wee ones. Also, dont take it to Bryan. He won't do it. After he did mine, he changed his mind about being an AK shop.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Basically, to properly SBR an M92 with a folding stock, plan on spending double what you spent on the pistol. installing the side folding stock requires removing the original trunnion and installing a new one, along with removal of the front trunnion to install the stock catch latch.

You can screw a Manticore folding mechanism onto the back of the original receiver and do it the "easy" way and only be in it a few hundred.

And slammed, you're an orge like me, make sure and get a NATO length stock. That Warsaw triangle mess is for wee ones. Also, dont take it to Bryan. He won't do it. After he did mine, he changed his mind about being an AK shop.

Any recommendations on AK work?

Reactions: Mac11FA

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Any recommendations on AK work?
Unfortunately, no. Bryan and I groped our way through mine and then he did a few more to pay off the tools he had to buy and that was the depth and breadth of my AK work.

I know that Ray at Moss Pawn is always applauded but I have no first hand experience with him.

Best of luck to you.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Before I order on the interwebs... Anyone got a spare Detent Pin/Spring assembly for NPAP, they might trade a little ammo for?!

upload_2017-2-11_10-47-15.png

jabba21

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
KY
Zip code
I have a Manticore Arms triangle stock on mine with a Stormwerkz hinge. I love that setup. If I can dig up a pic, I'll post it.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
I have a Manticore Arms triangle stock on mine with a Stormwerkz hinge. I love that setup. If I can dig up a pic, I'll post it.

I like the looks of triangle stocks! With my height and arm length, I may have to fab one to fit me!