OSS Suppressors

Howard Law

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
too funny i was JUST watching this otw into work this morning. saw it on reddit

I cant find their stuff online really, except for what looks like a previous model on ranierarms for 1500 bucks.....

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Sweet, I do wish he'd use more adverbs though.

Also, I want one. They look all alien and shit inside.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
barrel or can length?

there were more advantages than just gas in your face
Can length.

Is the other benefit POI shift?

The recoil reduction is not specific to this suppressor, all suppressors have hat effect due to added weight and the fact that the initial Blast outside of the muzzle is contained

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Can length.

Is the other benefit POI shift?

The recoil reduction is not specific to this suppressor, all suppressors have hat effect due to added weight and the fact that the initial Blast outside of the muzzle is contained
also the mentions of the what seems like zero concussion right at the end of the can. then the reliability with full auto guns, not that that would affect me at all lol

Dont get me wrong, at what seems to be the market rate for his older cans, and guessing what the new ones will go for, the benefits dont at all seem worth it. They are benefits nonetheless

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
also the mentions of the what seems like zero concussion right at the end of the can. then the reliability with full auto guns, not that that would affect me at all lol

Dont get me wrong, at what seems to be the market rate for his older cans, and guessing what the new ones will go for, the benefits dont at all seem worth it. They are benefits nonetheless
Low back pressure is what makes full auto "reliable" it helps to not rocket the bolt back super fast. Again a slightly over bore can would solve this.

Concussion at the end of the can is generally going to be measured by sound pressure levels, so that would just come down to suppression.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Low back pressure is what makes full auto "reliable" it helps to not rocket the bolt back super fast. Again a slightly over bore can would solve this.
didnt realize this, your previous statement makes more sense now.

Concussion at the end of the can is generally going to be measured by sound pressure levels, so that would just come down to suppression.
i thought it was more about the unburnt gas exiting more than sound, but i guess there is a correlation there. sitting here googling it I but I cant find crap mostly because of the mass amount of fictional weapons with 'concussion' in the name... I did find something here http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1288/00005537-193810000-00002/abstract but its $6 to rent lol... no thanks. looks like ill take your word for it for now.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

Which is why running an Octane 45 HD works on the M11/9

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
They've been out for at least a year and have been a total flop. Jake's got them for something like $650. Dealers practically can't give them away.
why is it a flop? at $650 it seems very reasonable.

serious question

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
why is it a flop? at $650 it seems very reasonable.

serious question
Well, retail on them was something like $1400, for starters. And as @PewPewPewCo mentioned, they add a lot of length. The reflex model has a crazy adapter / flash hider that reflexes back over the barrel and looks like a cheese grater. And, they don't suppress nearly as well as that video would have you believe. Their big selling point is minimal bolt velocity increase. Well, when the can doesn't suppress worth a crap, that's not hard to accomplish.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
They've been out for at least a year and have been a total flop. Jake's got them for something like $650. Dealers practically can't give them away.
Shoooooooot! They can give one away and I will take it!