Open Carry Idiot

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I don't like open carry due to fact that the ones that I've seen latley open carrying where attention whores

mexican at Kroger, had a big ass hat on,boots and a gun shoved right down front of his pants,with his shirt tucked in, so it was more visible....
green card?
hipster in North Carolina, with skinny jeans and feathered hair at Burger King even had 2 mags on his belt,what a DOUCHE

big butch woman at gun shop mouthing off that she shoots more then the "normal" person because she is proficient in eating a COW a day (she was huge)
I don't open carry, neither does my hubby
The obesity rate among open carriers seems to be much, much higher than the national average.

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
9 out of the 10 open carriers I see around here are always carrying sub-$300 dollar guns. Not that there is anything wrong with their choice if it suits them, but it's ALWAYS Sigmas, SD40VE, Hi-Point, and P-95's. It's usually tucked safely in a flea market/WalMart holster...

-disclaimer, I have nothing against Sigmas, SDVE's, or P-95's...just an observation-

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
9 out of the 10 open carriers I see around here are always carrying sub-$300 dollar guns. Not that there is anything wrong with their choice if it suits them, but it's ALWAYS Sigmas, SD40VE, Hi-Point, and P-95's. It's usually tucked safely in a flea market/WalMart holster...

-disclaimer, I have nothing against Sigmas, SDVE's, or P-95's...just an observation-

Yup. I wish I had taken a picture of the guy open carrying a Sigma in an Uncle Mike's holster while wearing jogging pants (no belt, obviously). I'm glad there's another gun owner out there, but damn. This was at the Macon Lowe's a few months back.

I much prefer them to the liberals, but good lord, I'm kind of afraid of some people that carry guns.

Reactions: scand

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
So, if he had a BUG, would he have been justified in an armed confrontation and possibly shooting the thief to get it back? I did not agree with that statement. Just imagine filling out a statement to report that you were an idiot. Sure it was stolen, but I bet he got several lectures from LEOs.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Within the month of July I have seen:
1. Marietta: An open carry DEagle in a shitty nylon holster & that guy was accompanied by another with a glock in a similar nylon, velcro over the top holster...but no mag and the slide locked back...WTF?
2. Cumming: OC blackhawk, barrel through the belt...I assumed the wrong direction bc the guy seems like a righty the way he signed his name...but the handle was to the left?
3.Gainesville: OC highpoint hanging out of front pocket.
I don't dissaprove of OC...it's not for me...but those I see don't seem to be the ones who could have an intelligent, well thought out, insightful, knowledgeable, and defensible argument for the 2A and OC. But, I didn't ask...so maybe they did.

Reactions: Laufen

Tazz

Scout
Trusted Trader
Jul 16, 2016
Coweta Co.
Zip code
There's only two places I'll OC, at home or at the range. Period, never anywhere else and even at the range I CC until I get to a lane to shoot in. If I leave the house even just to go down the street one mile to the store I always change clothes or whatever I need to do to keep my pistol & mags concealed. I can only recall one guy who was OC'ing that didn't look like some retarded trailer trash wearing a nylon holster or some other BS holster that just kinda hangs there off his belt or has his gun stuck in his pocket. That guy was very well dressed wearing a nice 1911 in a nice leather holster with a thumb break strap that pulled the pistol in tight to his side. Very professional looking and was keeping his hand real close to that holster.

Reactions: dougiemac

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
There are only two times I intentionally OC.

1. In the woods/ on the farm/ training
2. When Im doing stuff around my house (like I am now)

With that said, I have OCed into the gas station near my house to buy smokes but that was just because I didnt want to change holsters or clothes just to do that, if I am doing more than running to the gas station I would change or find a cover shirt.

I dont like looking like I am looking for attention or being "that guy". Not everyone who OCs is trying to be "that guy", but ive seen more bad OC than good, some examples.

1. guy had a sigma in a uncle mikes cheap IWB, but it was tucked in his front pocket.
2. douche with a thigh rig for his XD, wearing shorts and crocs
3. tons of flimsy clip on nylon holsters with the little spare mag pocket on the front
4. SOB holster with no retention device and no cover garment, like literally the worst place to have a gun, nothing to keep it in, nothing to hide it, and near impossible to physically retain if someone did want to get it.

For everyone ive seen OC "properly" that wasnt a cop, Ive seen three people carrying like an idiot. Those people are not helping anyone, IMO they make gun owners look either unsafe or like attention whores.

I thought shorts and thigh rigs were designed for one another? Am I off here?