Ohio Ccw Reciprocity States

GA Firing Line

JustinS

Customized Title
Jan 31, 2016
Anyone have the full updated list of states that Ohio currently has reciprocity with? I'm going to be traveling in a few weeks and would like to know where I am covered at and where I'll have to properly store my handgun when traveling.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
Although beware right now VA shares no Reciprocity with Ohio right now so you'll have to disarm prior to entering the State

edit: I just came across this a little bit ago, depending on where your going this may help ya:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David

I don't know if there is any truth to this since I didn't have time to read the article or check the sources but I heard VA is going to be forced to accept reciprocity CCW's again here by June or July.

Again, don't take my word on that, but might be worth checking out.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
this just came about pretty recently, I verified through the Virginia State Police Website; it looks like they are going to extend reciprocity through 30 June for states that currently abided by the reciprocity agreement until the new bill takes effect on 01 July, in the meantime though it is looking like PA and FL may not recognize the VA permit.

Copied and Pasted from the VA State Police Page:

EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2016

The holder of a valid concealed handgun or concealed weapon permit or license issued by another state may carry a concealed handgun in Virginia provided:

• the holder of such permit or license is at least 21 years of age; and
  • the permit or license holder carries a photo identification issued by a government agency of any state or by the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of State; and
  • the holder displays the permit or license and such identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer; and
  • the permit or license holder has not previously had a Virginia concealed handgun permit revoked.

The legislation also provides that the Virginia State Police in conjunction with the Office of the Attorney General will work with the various jurisdictions to secure reciprocal privileges for Virginia citizens desiring to carry concealed in other states.

Although the new law will require Virginia to grant recognition to all states that issue permits, those states may not authorize Virginia permit holders to possess a firearm in their state. You will need to contact each state to determine if they will recognize your Virginia permit.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Remember, in States with reciprocity you must follow the laws of that state in regards to carrying. Not usually any major differences, but definitely want to read through them for each state you'll be carrying in.