Econ Obama just doubled the minimum salary requirements for employee overtime.

GA Firing Line

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
The typical ODT style rightwing paranoia and whining regarding anything in politics that does not favor republicans' hopes and expectations.
Basically, everything becomes a proposed threat ter er dern libburteez. Dem dern librulz!
There's no paranoia in this post and any "ODT style" whining is being done by you in your incoherent rambling.

Reactions: georgia357

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Yeah, you lost me; I have no idea what happens on ODT these days .... not sure how that is germane to this conversation, but I'll roll with it .....
Placing blame.
Ignoring personal responsibility and the ability to counter, avoid, advance beyond any bullshit and bitching that forms an obstacle. Fuck the obstacle. If you can't destroy it, avoid it.
It's as if people are unable to adapt.
Unnecessary negativity.
What is the outcome? What does it change?

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Placing blame.
Ignoring personal responsibility and the ability to counter, avoid, advance beyond any bullshit and bitching that forms an obstacle. Fuck the obstacle. If you can't destroy it, avoid it.
Unnecessary negativity.
Ah, okay - yes, I agree with you on those points, but at the same time, I also do not think that the Govt should be pushing unrealistic minimum wage levels as they have been (I don't see that portion of this as paranoia, I see that as reality if you look at MW trends over the past 3 years).

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Really? Read your own first post in this thread.
It was a bit of a rant thread, yes. Call that whining if you want, but your paranoia claim is bullshit. We have politicians working counter to the best interests of small business owners like myself and buying votes by giving away more and more of other people's money. Small business is the lifeblood of our economy. We should be free to conduct commerce without obstruction by way of a handful of politicians self serving legislation.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Placing blame.
Unnecessary negativity.
So your philosophy is lay down and take it? Go around?

I will find a way around it, I already said that. It's the principal of the matter. We shouldn't have to find a way around stupid laws, we should band together to vote out the fools who put them in place.

I'm curious, what do you do for a living? You clearly have plenty of money laying around to waste shooting target practice with expensive ammo, yet you don't seem to have mindset of a small business owner. You sound like a salesman.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I do investments, sales, real estate, automotive, and several other things. I'm a small business owner as well.
If a person dwells on negativity, they will not advance. At least not anywhere near their potential. Some of that potential is killed off by whining, complaining, and wasting time with expectations and excuses and could have and would have and if only.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I do investments, sales, real estate, automotive, and several other things. I'm a small business owner as well.
If a person dwells on negativity, they will not advance. At least not anywhere near their potential. Some of that potential is killed off by whining, complaining, and wasting time with expectations and excuses and could have and would have and if only.

One can address or discuss things they perceive as negative without dwelling on them. Do you think I get up in the morning and run my business all day based on a two minute Internet forum rant I made the night before?

Reactions: Strider12

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I'm thinking that the 3 of us could do a start-up in less than 30 days; as long as you and I lean hard on the suppliers and my sis keeps the books balanced, we'll be in the black in under 30 days, I figure 300% profit margin within 90, 500-750% margin within 120 if we play our cards right

Hell yes... Can I be a armed guard... I shoot 1st and ask questions later.... BTW do you have health, dental, and payed vacations? :)

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
2742d9661ac7c4866817ac436661db7e.jpg

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code

I agree to a point with some of your statements, but.....

First, there is nothing wrong with pointing out the negatives of an idiotic law/decree/regulation and their affects.

Second you fail to see the hypocrisy of your posts, telling others they are whining and complaining when in fact you are whining and complaining.
We all whine and complain, its a matter of context and amount.

Reactions: Strider12

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You don't believe there has been and continues to be a slow and steady erosion of your constitutional rights? More specifically those rights guaranteed us by the 1st, 2nd and 4th amendments? I'd say that's a good place to start, but generally the bigger government grows, the less liberty we have.

I own my own business, so I don't generally worry about anyone taking my job. I just have to worry about maintaining a healthy level of profitability despite all the redundancy in red tape and financial burden placed on me by my government.
I see erosion in rights from both sides. The left erodes rights out of fear of the people gaining too much power, the right erodes rights based on how they think the populace should act according to their code of "morals" and ethical standards....except when it applies to them.

Reactions: sam and Strider12

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I see erosion in rights from both sides. The left erodes rights out of fear of the people gaining too much power, the right erodes rights based on how they think the populace should act according to their code of "morals" and ethical standards....except when it applies to them.
hammer_nail.jpg~c200

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I can't argue with that.

The left tends to erode our constitutional rights and long standing liberties. The right tends to try to restrict those rights from being extended to specific social/cultural/religious groups. Both feel justified in their intent, but both simply want to control people and gain power.

I Just want them both to leave me alone, get their hands out of my pockets, let me raise my own kids and run my business.

Last edited:
Reactions: karlvv

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Hell yes... Can I be a armed guard... I shoot 1st and ask questions later.... BTW do you have health, dental, and payed vacations? :)

Can I be the ammo grunt. I will feed the belts, and bring beer.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I can't argue with that.

The left tends to erode our constitutional rights and long standing liberties. The right tends to try to restrict those rights from being extended to specific social/cultural/religious groups. Both feel justified in their intent, but both simply want to control people and gain power.

I Just want them both to leave me alone, get their hands out of my pockets, let me raise my own kids and run my business.

And if you have a dick, use the mens room

Reactions: sam

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I can't argue with that.

Is says a lot about the populace that we let a few thousand people tell us exactly how to live and they Get rich doing it.

Reactions: sam

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code

First, there is nothing wrong with pointing out the negatives of an idiotic law/decree/regulation and their affects.

Second you fail to see the hypocrisy of your posts, telling others they are whining and complaining when in fact you are whining and complaining.
Did you just whine and complain about a guy whining and complaining about my suppossed whining and complaining?

Last edited:

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code

I guess you're right. People just want to be heard.
Pointing it out becomes hypocrisy.
Many of these rants include questions and concerns. Pointing out the obvious negative outlook is often an answer to those questions.
If you don't think they are answers, then, propose something else that is effective and realistic, something better than joining in the negativity since that has about as much effect as "I feelz you bruh" or clicking "like" on a post.