NFA Questions

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I have a confession - I've single handedly added 2 weeks to my wait time. I already purchased my NFA trust, paid for my can & stamp, purchased a threaded barrel, but I have been too busy with travel to go and get my trust notarized & witnessed by 2 people. :brick:

Any of you guys have suggestions on what place might be best to get 2 people to witness since I don't have anyone close to do this? I've heard tale that the UPS stores might be able to help by having two of their staff witness - any other options?

White

Frontiersman
Apr 19, 2015
Georgia
I have a confession - I've single handedly added 2 weeks to my wait time. I already purchased my NFA trust, paid for my can & stamp, purchased a threaded barrel, but I have been too busy with travel to go and get my trust notarized & witnessed by 2 people. :brick:

Any of you guys have suggestions on what place might be best to get 2 people to witness since I don't have anyone close to do this? I've heard tale that the UPS stores might be able to help by having two of their staff witness - any other options?
My bank did mine

Reactions: JGMILLER

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Cool & thanks, I'll try my bank (Chase) which is across the street from the UPS store, hopefully one of the 2 will do it; I just wasn't sure how amiable places would be to supply witnesses.

White

Frontiersman
Apr 19, 2015
Georgia
Cool & thanks, I'll try my bank (Chase) which is across the street from the UPS store, hopefully one of the 2 will do it; I just wasn't sure how amiable places would be to supply witnesses.
Yeah my bank was the closest place to me so I decided to give it a shot.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Yeah my bank was the closest place to me so I decided to give it a shot.
My bank did mine as well.

Finally got off of my ass & put some time aside to go get this done today. Went to the UPS store and not only did they not bat an eye at the 2 witnesses signatures, they made a copy of the original notarized document and I was out the door for a grand total of $3.11 .... For some reason I was thinking that I was going to get charged at least $25 for Notary and get all kinds of hassle, but apparently not.

Tomorrow begins the official wait time

Reactions: White

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Finally got off of my ass & put some time aside to go get this done today. Went to the UPS store and not only did they not bat an eye at the 2 witnesses signatures, they made a copy of the original notarized document and I was out the door for a grand total of $3.11 .... For some reason I was thinking that I was going to get charged at least $25 for Notary and get all kinds of hassle, but apparently not.

Tomorrow begins the official wait time
You going for the Octane 45?

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
You going for the Octane 45?
Already paid for, QRF was just waiting on me to get off my ass and get the Notarized trust over to them; clock will start ticking tomorrow.

3 hosts waiting, USP .45, Sig Scorpion carry and Sig Nightmare carry (bought 1 threaded carry-length/4.25" barrel to use in both guns.

Still deciding on what else I might want to get before it gets out of jail.

Last edited:

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Already paid for, QRF was just waiting on me to get off my ass and get the Notarized trust over to them; clock will start ticking tomorrow.

3 hosts waiting, USP .45, Sig Scorpion carry and Sig Nightmare carry (bought 1 threaded carry-length/4.25" barrel to use in both guns.

Still deciding on what else I might want to get before it gets out of jail.
I went for the rimfire can first, I'd say that's a must have.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I went for the rimfire can first, I'd say that's a must have.
I thought about it, but I just don't shoot enough .22

I have a .22 conversion kit for the AR as well as a .22 rifle, but never shoot them; not like I shoot my ARs, AKs or Garand much either :(

The notion of having a multi-caliber can that was user-serviceable is what sold me (Well that and Jake at QRF was a pretty good salesman). I know there are cheaper options out there, but I shoot my .45 pistols the most, so I figured I'd just suck it up, pay once, cry once and get over it :)

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I thought about it, but I just don't shoot enough .22

I have a .22 conversion kit for the AR as well as a .22 rifle, but never shoot them; not like I shoot my ARs, AKs or Garand much either :(

The notion of having a multi-caliber can that was user-serviceable is what sold me (Well that and Jake at QRF was a pretty good salesman). I know there are cheaper options out there, but I shoot my .45 pistols the most, so I figured I'd just suck it up, pay once, cry once and get over it :)
I really think a pistol cal can is a great first choice if you know what a suppressed pistol sounds like already.

Sounds fine on 22 IMO

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I wasn't questioning his choice. Just responding to his dilemma of "still deciding what to get next."
Rim fire cans are certainly the best first choice for someone who doesn't quite know what to expect though. It's the movie quiet gun and there are TONS of pre-threaded hosts

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Rim fire cans are certainly the best first choice for someone who doesn't quite know what to expect though. It's the movie quiet gun and there are TONS of pre-threaded hosts
That's what I like about it. Every time I fire a subsonic round through mine it makes me smile it's so quiet. A bullet hitting the dirt makes more sound than firing it did.