New XDs for Me!

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
R

rayzer007

That's a perfect fit Atlas; (I think it would fit me perfectly too!)

Ray

M

mukwah

You beat me Atlas! Man, those look good!! I'm going to put mine on right now! :D

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
What is the length difference from the extension shown compared to the 7 round magazine? With colder weather the 7 round mag can get some carry time!

M

mukwah

Sweet! Now that's what I'm talking about! Perfect grip!
1101121911.jpg

M

mukwah

lws380 said:
What is the length difference from the extension shown compared to the 7 round magazine? With colder weather the 7 round mag can get some carry time!
Looks about a half an inch or so.

1101121928a.jpg

1101121929.jpg

1101121929a.jpg

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
The way I see things, the heel of the 7-round magazine is at least a full inch longer longer than the one with five sight holes. That could easily upset the ability to fully conceal the pistol in some situations. Which magazine is standard for the pistol?

M

mukwah

That would be the one with the Pearce extension on it on top of the 7 round mag.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
If they are that close, I think I could make the 7 rounder work. I might point out using the finger extension or the longer mag makes it harder to conceal. Mukwah, thanks for the good pictures!

R

rayzer007

The XDs continues to entice me. Can one of you guys that own one tell me if there is any substantive difference in the change-out backstraps, or are they almost the same feel? Thanks in advance.

The way I see it, the XDs is 1 1/2" shorter length, 1 1/4" shorter height, 1/4" thinner, and A POUND lighter than my Commander (which I will also keep)!
Like the guy at the gun shop said, "5+1 is enough in .45 - after all, you shouldn't need more than one HST round to stop a threat, they are S.O.B.s!
We shall see! :)

Ray

M

mukwah

Mine came with the large size installed witch feels comfortable, but I do intend to try the medium just for comparison at some point, just haven't had the time yet. Will try them soon and let you know!