New XDs for Me!

Howard Law
M

mukwah

Well, finally made the big decision today!
My LGS called me about a week ago and told me he had something I've been looking for so I went for a look see. It was love at first sight! When I held her in my hand she felt like she was made for me! This was totally unexpected but a pleasant surprise!
Anyway, she came home with me today and now fills the void in my arsenal of most common calibers of ammo.
Thanks to lws80 for all the good reviews!
1010121325.jpg
1010121328.jpg

M

mukwah

I'm off this weekend and I'm way past due for a range trip! (Weather permitting!) :D

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I love mine. It is a great size for concealed carry .45 caliber. Essentially very close is size to the LC9. Looking at the business end of a .45 is fairly intimidating. The size of that .45 hole is something. Good luck and hope you like it!

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
They do make an extended mag for the xds too. It is 7 rounds and gives a larger grip. Good for the range and carry if you can get away with it. Extended mag does make it harder to conceal. Several guys over on the XDTalk forum mention carrying the gun with the 5 rounder and then carrying the 7 rounder for a reload. Sounds good, but the likelihood of a tactical reload in a self defense situation is not very probable IMO. But if your going to go ahead and carry and extra mag, might as well be the 7 rounder. You can get them directly form Springfield if you can't find them locally.

gunjunkie

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Texas Panhandle
I'm sure liking mine. Fairly lite, short trigger pull with a short reset, and more accurate than I figured it would be even out to 30-40 yards. Plus, it's hard to beat a little pistol with a big ole hole on the business end.

D

Denny4kids

Nice! I want one of those like right now! I really like my XDm 5.25. She shows no wear after 3k+ rounds down range. Enjoy your new weapon! Denny

AtlasFBG2

Hunter
Jun 16, 2012
I just picked up a xds also.
Seen one listed on armslist Tuesday that was never fired.Couldn’t pass it up for the price.$480 and no paper trail.Felt like i stole it from the guy.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
AtlasFBG2 said:
I just picked up a xds also.
Seen one listed on armslist Tuesday that was never fired.Couldn’t pass it up for the price.$480 and no paper trail.Felt like i stole it from the guy.

You feel that way, because you did!

M

mukwah

Good balance is 100% on spot kokopelli! Feels soooo good in my hand! My range trip got rained out today....s*¤°^! Oh well, I'm off again on Friday, it will give me something to look forward to!

Kokopelli

Hunter
Oct 11, 2012
East Tennessee
framedcraig1 said:
Post it up when you go !!

I'll do that.. I'm going to be testing carry ammo this time. It has about 250 rounds 185gr FMJ and 100 or so rounds 230gr. FMJ through it, so It's time for PD/HD ammo testing.. Ron