New Beretta Nano for me

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
To celebrate my healing after major back surgery 6 weeks ago, I treated myself to a new Nano today. Hope to get out to the range this week. $450 from my local shop not bad.

M

mukwah

Congrats on the Nano kraigster! A well deserved treat I might add! We'll be awating a range report!

R

rayzer007

Glad to hear you're doing better with the pain Rich! Enjoy your new weapon, you certainly deserve it after all you've been through!

Ray

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Thanks guys. I am going to try and get to the range tomorrow.

Now help me out here....I have a Kahr CM-9, a Walther PPS, and now a Nano, all ultra compact and flat single stack 9mm minis. Why the !@#$ do I need a Nano? LOL. Actually, the less weight on my back the better and variety is the spice of life. I love my 4G Glock 26 but find it even a bit too heavy lately.

Good too that my holster for my PPS is a perfect fit for the Nano.

Pics coming not to worry.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Hahaha Rich!! How many here have EVER bought a gun they didn't need..Enjoy that sweetheart gun...and yeah post up pics. Glad you're gonna live man. Heal quick!!

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Thanks gentlemen.

You can do better on the price at Gunbroker, etc. but by the time you add the transfer fee....your call. Bud's has them for 4 bills plus shipping and FFL transfer charge on the receiving end.

R

rayzer007

kraigster414 said:
Why the !@#$ do I need a Nano?

You don't 'need' it Rich; you simply 'want' it.

Unsalted crackers fulfill a need; lobster with drawn butter touches the spirit!

Ray

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Here she is:

SAM_0074.jpg

PS: You are spot on Ray LOL.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Sweet purchase Rich. Good to hear you're treating yourself to "Spiritual" needs, as Ray so profoundly put it! Enjoy! Yogi 8)

Gwgw60

Hunter
Aug 5, 2012
Northern Virginia USA
I have the Nano and really like it. I started with the LC9 and really like everything about it except the trigger pull wears a blister on the bottom of my trigger finger (no comments please on get a callous). I find I can shoot the Nano more accurately with less practice than the LC9.

I will be interested in how you compare the Nano to your PPS. I don't need another micro but have found I have an affinity to this type of pistol. Hope you continue to have a good recovery.

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Gwgw60 said:
I have the Nano and really like it. I started with the LC9 and really like everything about it except the trigger pull wears a blister on the bottom of my trigger finger (no comments please on get a callous). I find I can shoot the Nano more accurately with less practice than the LC9.

I will be interested in how you compare the Nano to your PPS. I don't need another micro but have found I have an affinity to this type of pistol. Hope you continue to have a good recovery.

You are one step ahead of me :)...

I just got back from the range after test firing 250 assorted rounds in the Nano - factory and handloads both 115 and 124 grain: (75) 124 grain Rainier plated RN with a medium charge of Titegroup (reloaded by me); (50) Federal Premium Tactical 124 gr. HST; (50) Double Tap 124 gr. Bonded Defense +P; (50) American Eagle 115 gr. RN; and (25) Federal 115 gr. jacketed hollow point Personal Defense. I am happy to report that I did not have one single failure, none, zero, nada. That is a confidence builder for sure.

But for those sitting on the fence wondering what is the best micro 9 to get, you may be interested in knowing that I have the Kahr CM-9 and a Walther PPS to compare it too. For starters, the Nano has a long, relatively heavy but crisp trigger. I would prefer a lighter break but given what the gun is designed for (very close encounters of the worst kind), it is not a show stopper. Keep in mind though, the CM9 has a lighter and smoother trigger but with a good deal of travel as well. And I do like the fact that anyone with half a brain can swap out sights on a Nano without having to go to a gunsmith or use a sight pusher, worse a hammer. Have hex wrench will travel.

But let's compare the Nano with the Walther PPS, one of the most underated of all subcompact 9mm's IMHO. The PPS is only about 3/4 of an inch longer than the Nano. Weight-wise, it (the PPS) feels a bit heavier but not by much. Exact specs can be found online. And although the PPS is considerably more expensive than the Nano, it has a much lighter trigger and in my hands, is quite a bit more accurate. Let me caveat that by saying, I think the Nano is capable of better accuracy than me but regular practice given its long and relatively heavy trigger is required. Bottom line, if price is not an issue or 3/4 of an inch, my vote goes to the PPS. But the Nano is no slouch. For 4 bills it is hard to beat, makes a great backup weapon and has proven (at least mine has) to be extremely reliable. I would carry it without any hesitation. Your call.

Nano and PPS side-by-side:

SAM_0086.jpg

SAM_0087.jpg

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Skip, apples and oranges hombre. The Glock 26 is a double stack, higher capacity, thicker and heavier. Single stack guns albeit lower capacity are more comfortable for all-day carry, lighter and can be better concealed. Pick what's best for you. I love my G26 4 Gen but find I am carrying the PPS more especially after my back surgery.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
PPS sounds like a real gem. They are real leaders in guns that stick with a fella and they're often imitated. One thing though, I heard they were being dropped by S&W.

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
S&W the US distributor of Walther has done a miserable job of marketing Walther handguns in the US largely because they (S&W) view Walther as competition. S&W has aggressively pushed the M&P line at Walther's expense. All in all, I think Walther has better quality control overall. My two cents.