My AR15 Build

American Revival Apparel Company

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I had the specwar muzzle brake on my 12" SBR upper (5.56). Holy shit! The concussion wave was epic. Every shot was knocking material out of the ceiling. I put the specwar back on it to not disturb the other range patrons after about five rounds.

I really like the specwar trifecta flash hider. It's not the most effective at its purpose of flash suppression but it provides a nice mount for my can!

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I'll watch it later.

Me and some other instructors did a comparison of all the ones on our rifles at night and the A2 came in second behind the most expensive one anyone had.
It's a great video. Dollar for dollar, the A2 is hard to beat. If flash suppression is a top priority, the prong styles like the AAC blackout and Smith Enterprises Vortex are awesome.

Regarding the test and real world results, the ammo used will have a huge impact on perceived flash. The AE 223 they were using has a huge flash, because it has no flash retardant in the powder. Other loads, with a flash retardant, won't look as bad in low light.

mmason3

Hunter
Jan 9, 2016
Winston-Salem NC
Zip code
@DarthVader thanks for the info! Really good stuff. That video was what pushed me towards the Venom. It was one of the lowest flash signatures and I got it from primaryarms.com for only $40! I think thats a good deal

Reactions: DarthVader

mmason3

Hunter
Jan 9, 2016
Winston-Salem NC
Zip code
Got the AR out to the range this past weekend. It was a great time and the rifle shot great. There was one issue I noticed while shooting. The pin that holds the trigger and disconnect in the lower would walk out after about 5-7 shots. After tearing it down I realized the spring on the hammer was installed backwards and wasn't keeping tension on the trigger pin. I need to take it back out to verify this was the issue but it should be the fix. The red dot wasn't zeroed due to time constraints but that just means more range time :) The Strike Industries Venom flash hider was excellent. I didn't hear the "ping" that most pronged flash hiders have, but I was behind the rifle so I'll have to take some video and see if it is actually there. Overall I am very pleased with my build. I'm right around $700 for a great rifle and I could not be more pleased with the way it shoots!!

Reactions: Righter13

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Make sure the the "legs" of the hammer spring are in the notch of the trigger pin than one of them lays across. It provides tension to prevent that pin from walking out.