MP-5K... I'd love to hear your opinions-

Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I want to do the SL8 to G36 conversion. Let's just do this. We could be the cool kids looking down our noses at all these peasants.
If it were me (sold my SL8 years ago) I wouldn't monkey with it. That neutered sob wasn't produced in large numbers, and is getting tough to find. It's an abomination, but she's going to be a piece of HK collector history one day soon. They shoot like a champ too. Mine (far right pic) loved Ultramax 55 grain ballistic tip ammo.

CopyPIC.jpg

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
If it were me (sold my SL8 years ago) I wouldn't monkey with it. That neutered sob wasn't produced in large numbers, and is getting tough to find. It's an abomination, but she's going to be a piece of HK collector history one day soon. They shoot like a champ too. Mine (far right pic) loved Ultramax 55 grain ballistic tip ammo.

View attachment 27747
Oh, I'd keep all the original parts.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Ok... the next thread is going to be about what optic you'd used on a HK SP5K...

Apparently I've sold a few hundred dollars worth of stuff beyond the cost of the pistol. So, now on to a few mags and accessories.
I think I'm going to go with a 1-4x scope or an Eotech on the scorpion. Haven't decided yet. I'd like to shoot it pretty accurately at 50-75 yards. 4 moa dots are for the birds, I'd prefer a 1 moa dot if using a red dot for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: dial1911

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Ok... the next thread is going to be about what optic you'd used on a HK SP5K...

Apparently I've sold a few hundred dollars worth of stuff beyond the cost of the pistol. So, now on to a few mags and accessories.
Red Dot possibly with a magnifier. Without a doubt.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I think I'm going to go with a 1-4x scope or and Eotech on the scorpion. Haven't decided yet. I'd like to shoot it pretty accurately at 50-75 yards. 4 moa dots are for the birds, I'd prefer a 1 moa dot if using a red dot for sure.

The smaller dots are definitely better- I had a 4MOA before and couldn't shoot it for crap on my carbine at 100 yards.

Reactions: Laufen

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Honestly, with it being an MP5K size, I would go with an AimPoint T2 micro. It's not really made for the long shot. And I believe a quality micro red dot like that would complement it nicely.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Honestly, with it being an MP5K size, I would go with an AimPoint T2 micro. It's not really made for the long shot. And I believe a quality micro red dot like that would complement it nicely.

I was thinking Aimpoint or Trijicon RMR type sights... I don't know jack about the specs on them yet though- I like the "heads up" or whatever it's called style of the RMR instead of being a tube like the Aimpoint.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I was thinking Aimpoint or Trijicon RMR type sights... I don't know jack about the specs on them yet though- I like the "heads up" or whatever it's called style of the RMR instead of being a tube like the Aimpoint.
I agree, but I would like something bigger than the RMR, but with a longer battery life than an EOtech.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Maybe a Meprolight M21? That would work. No batteries required.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
...but of course!

I'm going to have to figure out the barrel thread problem later- read: I'm going to spend another $600 on a gunsmith to rebarrel it with a threaded/3 lug HK barrel.
Good move. Ya might as well do it right. The clones are pretty damned good, but they'll never retain value like the german goddess.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Good move. Ya might as well do it right. The clones are pretty damned good, but they'll never retain value like the german goddess.

I could find one in stock as of Friday that was priced below MSRP... It's a HK SP5K. I decided to go ahead and order it (even though I was still selling guns to pay for it) because with my luck, I'd finally raise the money and they'd be out of stock everywhere.

Since then, I've sold dang near everything I intended to sell.

Reactions: Rwjeter and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I could find one in stock as of Friday that was priced below MSRP... It's a HK SP5K. I decided to go ahead and order it (even though I was still selling guns to pay for it) because with my luck, I'd finally raise the money and they'd be out of stock everywhere.

Since then, I've sold dang near everything I intended to sell.
Divine intervention!