MP-5K... I'd love to hear your opinions-

American Revival Apparel Company

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Ok, so I'm basically at the point where I've sold enough stuff to cover a (non-HK) MP-5K. So before I dump $2K into a single gun, please school me on what you'd do or definitely not do...

I've more or less narrowed my choices down to what Atlantic Firearms has available. Their Omega MP-5K seems like the best thing for me (granted, this is based on their marketing and my limited knowledge)- good metal finish, short barrel (5.5" I think), has the 3 lug option, and comes with a threaded 1/2x28 barrel for the 9mm can.

Whatever I end up buying is going to be SBR'd. So what would you knowledgeable folks do?

@permaneo vox @PewPewPewCo @DoglegArms and everybody else who I can't remember... I'm sure some other members have MP-5 knowledge, and I'm sorry I can't recall everyone... so remind me and tell me what you'd do-

And on a related note- I'd like to know what mags are reliable and reasonably price- reasonably being sub $50 each. I can find HK mags, but would prefer not to spend that kind of money on mags.

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
For the money, I'd by the Zenith Z-5P, which is an HK licensed clone made in Turkey by MKE, rather than a 'kit gun' built in the US.

Reactions: dial1911

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I think @Dinky Dau has/had an MP5 as well. Might ask him. Keep us posted. I debated on building one with an 80% but I don't know if I trust myself. MP5k or MP5sd were always my favorite. One of these days I'm gonna buy one.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I owned an mp5k. If you want a compact 9mm gun it's the tits, but it's not quieter than a 9mm AR. It is very reliable, cool factor is high, and easy to clean. 3 lug is by far my favorite attachment method.

That said. Now that AR's have collapsing stocks, tiny buffer systems, short 9mm barrels, and easy to thread on 3 lug adapters the mp5k really has to be about you liking the gun or the platform.

I will say that the mp5k is low recoil but the full size mp5 has the true "zero recoil" at any rate of fire.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I owned an mp5k. If you want a compact 9mm gun it's the tits, but it's not quieter than a 9mm AR. It is very reliable, cool factor is high, and easy to clean. 3 lug is by far my favorite attachment method.

That said. Now that AR's have collapsing stocks, tiny buffer systems, short 9mm barrels, and easy to thread on 3 lug adapters the mp5k really has to be about you liking the gun or the platform.

I will say that the mp5k is low recoil but the full size mp5 has the true "zero recoil" at any rate of fire.

It's just the cool factor... And I've always wanted one. Damn why are cool factors so expensive?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm meeting a guy in an hour or two to sell this Sig. That puts me basically at the buy price.

I still need to make sure the thing has a threaded barrel- the website description is kind of terrible as far as specifications go.
Excellent. Nothing tops the HKMp5k for cool factor in my book. It's in a class by itself.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
How about now? Is it on the way? :boink: