'Merica

American Revival Apparel Company

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I was talking about social and cultural events and people and I made the comment that I believe is accurate however I am open to other interpretations. The comment was, "no other country has national pride like America has." I'll preface this comment with the fact that I've traveled the world, so I'm not closed minded and uncultured. Thoughts?

Hunter4life

Woodsman
May 7, 2015
Georgia
Mexico just trying to "pride" the fence enough to get to America.
Europe is what I'm thinking the U.S. will end up being in years to come. Smaller nations but proud of the country they represent.
Ireland might be another one(never been to it) but planning on in the next few years.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I'd say Israel would rank up there as well; especially considering their history

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I am trying to think of a more self centered and more self serving country.... But nothing comes to mind.

However. I did notice that in Turkey, they had their flags flying every where. Same with Greece. So they were proud to have their flags flying.

Reactions: Shemp

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I was talking about social and cultural events and people and I made the comment that I believe is accurate however I am open to other interpretations. The comment was, "no other country has national prise like America has." I'll preface this comment with the fact that I've traveled the world, so I'm not closed minded and uncultured. Thoughts?
Israel, France, Scotland and Switzerland come to mind.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
France has arguably more...and does Germany. You'd be hard pressed to find any items in Germany made in China....Germans buy German because they are German and (I have to agree) german products are typically the best.

The French are the same way but not to the same extent.

Americans buy whatever is cheapest.

Reactions: madHatter

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Brazil, Venezula, Chile also come to mind.

Eh..last time I was in Venezuela modern nationalism was giving way to nostalgic nationalism and concern over having power, food, and water.

My mom is still in disbelief that Venezuela is in the Global South...but when she was growing up there it was a rising country.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Maybe it's partially based on our fashion sense because I see a lot more people with American symbols on their clothing than other countries typically do (barring soccer jerseys). :)

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Puerto Ricans
Depends on what generation they are and how they were raised. My dad was born there but raised here. He doesn't care about that island.

I like to go there to party and gamble but I don't give a shit about "my PR culture."

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
Depends on what generation they are and how they were raised. My dad was born there but raised here. He doesn't care about that island.

I like to go there to party and gamble but I don't give a shit about "my PR culture."
I guess I was implying Puerto Ricans that were born there, raised there, and live there. They all seem to be pretty hard core about their heritage based on the ones I have met.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

What about that giant PR flag you have airbrushed on the hood of your vehicle?

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I guess I was implying Puerto Ricans that were born there, raised there, and live there. They all seem to be pretty hard core about their heritage based on the ones I have met.
Yeah, I guess so. I think a lot believe they are looked down on as second class citizens. I would tell them to stop acting like it.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
If you take into account events such as 9/11 in which the country came together in an unprecedented way, then there is no other country with more pride. It is too bad that it takes a tragic event to create such unity!