Howard Law

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
China, Japan, France, Spain, Brazil, Argentine, Peru, Syrian Nationals, etc etc

Anyplace that can have rabid sports fans can produce a populace with a large amount of "national pride". Honestly, I don't think it's a positive for a society. It retards social evolution, and glosses over issues that need to be addressed because people don't want to talk about them. People attach a sense of their own worth, and identity to their country, favorite brand of pistol, truck, football team, whatever. Being a "fan" is kind of ridiculous, and this is coming from an HK fan.

Americans aren't special..it's a human trait.
Vicarious living..meh.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
If you take into account events such as 9/11 in which the country came together in an unprecedented way, then there is no other country with more pride. It is too bad that it takes a tragic event to create such unity!
Fear is a great motivator. In fact it's the reason we have nations, borders..........

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
China, Japan, France, Spain, Brazil, Argentine, Peru, Syrian Nationals, etc etc

Anyplace that can have rabid sports fans can produce a populace with a large amount of "national pride". Honestly, I don't think it's a positive for a society. It retards social evolution, and glosses over issues that need to be addressed because people don't want to talk about them. People attach a sense of their own worth, and identity to their country, favorite brand of pistol, truck, football team, whatever. Being a "fan" is kind of ridiculous, and this is coming from an HK fan.

Americans aren't special..it's a human trait.
Vicarious living..meh.
That sounds pretty damn un-American to me.