Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I've wanted to put this rifle together for awhile now. So no time like the present. I'm trying to take the best of A1 and A2 put in one rifle. A solid buttstock and triangle handguard a must but the upper will have the brass deflector on it. I'm staying with the 18" barrel instead of 20" with the carry handle sight and front sight gas block going on it. Any thoughts I should be aware of or not forget feel free to share your opinion.

IMG_3863.JPG

Top to bottom: M16A1, M16A2, M4A1, M16A4

Reactions: Strider12

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
are you going for a clone build - meaning - as close to authentic as possible? or are you ok with some deviations?

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
are you going for a clone build - meaning - as close to authentic as possible? or are you ok with some deviations?
Some deviations from the true A1 will have to be to meet certain needs

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Finding these parts is gonna be a task too I found a Faxon barrel I like but getting a .625 A2 FS gas block that's gonna fit it well coming up empty right now

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
obviously the barrel is a deviation and probably a good one to do. i've always liked the 18" barrel for 556.

i'm guessing you'll have a detachable carry handle vs a true a2 or a c7 (a1 with a deflector and a forward assist) for the rear sight? or were you thinking something more atypical?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
obviously the barrel is a deviation and probably a good one to do. i've always liked the 18" barrel for 556.

i'm guessing you'll have a detachable carry handle vs a true a2 or a c7 (a1 with a deflector and a forward assist) for the rear sight? or were you thinking something more atypical?
Yes I'll go with a detach carry handle sight. I'd like to get long range use with it too

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Finding these parts is gonna be a task too I found a Faxon barrel I like but getting a .625 A2 FS gas block that's gonna fit it well coming up empty right now

I think I have that FSB sitting in a box (only because I like lightweight profile barrels). I'll look for it tomorrow if I remember. And if I don't remember, shoot me a reminder PM or text. You can have it if I can find it. But I'd warn you that the taper pins have already been cut. Taper pins come with it, but you've got to get the barrel cut to match.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I don't know enough about the classics to say which is right/wrong/better/worse... but I can definitely say I like the way you're headed with the build. Looking forward to updates-
I'm learning more about it too

I think I have that FSB sitting in a box (only because I like lightweight profile barrels). I'll look for it tomorrow if I remember. And if I don't remember, shoot me a reminder PM or text. You can have it if I can find it. But I'd warn you that the taper pins have already been cut. Taper pins come with it, but you've got to get the barrel cut to match.
Thanks @dial1911 if you find it I'll contact Faxon or Macon Armory to see about fitting it to the barrel.

permaneo vox