This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

M11/.22lr conversion

Discussion in 'Class III NFA Talk' started by Mac11FA, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Included in the purchase of my subgun was a Practical Solutions .22lr conversion kit. I ran across it whilst cleaning and reorganizing stuff. I decided to install and try it out. I set it up with my HA .22lr suppressor and some Gemtech subsonic ammo I recently purchased. I was not able to go to the range so I let loose a few rounds under the cover of a passing train out the back door.

I loaded up 5 rounds and let loose. There were no issues. At least I know it works. Even suppressed it was still rather loud due to the nature of the weapon. It was not the bullets exiting the muzzle but rather the short lock time of the bolt. I now plan on trying it at the range next opportunity. The only complaint I have is that it came with 40 rd mag but not able to use due to follower sticking. You cannot buy them right now but fortunately I had purchased two 20 rd mags a while back.

The rate of fire was not super fast which I liked and was partially contributed to the 42 gr subsonic ammo. I am sure if I ran CCI stingers or a hotter round it would be a little faster. It takrs about 5 mins to change over from the Max-31 9mm upper so this is an advantage at the range.

20170617_134650.jpg

Red Dawn, SouthernSlammed and Balthaz like this.
  2. Balthaz

Balthaz AKA - The Garand Jedi

Get some video if you can.
    I am looking into a .22 conversion for mine and will eventually have it.

Mac11FA likes this.
  3. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

Will do. I will give a more in depth review. Unfortunately, I don't think Sam makes .22 kits any longer. He does not even show any mags available on his site so your choice may be limited to a Lage conversion unless you are buying used. A used kit is risky as if it is missing a part it may not run.

Balthaz likes this.
  4. SouthernSlammed

SouthernSlammed Gingerbeard Operator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

Now you won't have to have a truck load of 9mm at the next shoot&meet!

Red Dawn, Mac11FA and Balthaz like this.
  5. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Wolverine
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

That's so friggin cool ..... glad to hear it's operational and no issues.

Mac11FA likes this.
  6. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

Just glad the po po didn't come around. That Gemtech ammo is sweet. I let a few rounds loose from the 10/22

Red Dawn likes this.
  7. permaneo vox

permaneo vox Tracker
    Trusted Trader

Very true, may not run at all. I had a Fleming kit that would only run suppressed.

Mac11FA likes this.
  8. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

The PS kit actually comes with a "booster" which looks like a suppressor. I think it simply adds length to the barrel to aid operation.