Love this little revolver!

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
framedcraig1 said:
Interesting thought BDD. Can't remember...Do you have an LCR?

Thanks for the range report. Sounds like a fun little shooter. As for the quesion, no I don't own a LCR. I am kinda looking though. I currently have a 38 revolver that I leave at my mom's house, but I think if she ever had to shoot it she would probably have a hard time holding on to it. I am thinking about that .22 mag for the 80 year old mother, then letting my sister hang on to the .38 that is at my mom's house. My sister's neighborhood just keeps getting worse. I told her if she would get her permit I would find her a gun. I already have her equiped with a pump shotgun but it doesn't fit in her purse very well.

Tarheel

Hunter
bigdogdaddy said:
framedcraig1 said:
Interesting thought BDD. Can't remember...Do you have an LCR?

Thanks for the range report. Sounds like a fun little shooter. As for the quesion, no I don't own a LCR. I am kinda looking though. I currently have a 38 revolver that I leave at my mom's house, but I think if she ever had to shoot it she would probably have a hard time holding on to it. I am thinking about that .22 mag for the 80 year old mother, then letting my sister hang on to the .38 that is at my mom's house. My sister's neighborhood just keeps getting worse. I told her if she would get her permit I would find her a gun. I already have her equiped with a pump shotgun but it doesn't fit in her purse very well.

....BDD, I purchased a Golden Boy and my first encounter with .22WMR. We all know that the .22 is a lightweight in the SD league. However, after reading many reviews and having conversations with WMR veterans I went with Winchester Super-X .22WMR and am really impressed with its varmint kill power....very small game/varmint simply end up as flying fur. It's a nasty little round that is extremely accurate and flat shooting out to about 150 yds. I'm convinced that this round would put a big hurt on a BG and will maybe fill the void if your mom can't handle the .38. Chuck Hawks considers it by far superior to the .25ACP and .32ACP in penetration and expansion after entry.

Excellent report, craig. Glad you like that little jewel.

Tarheel

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Thanks Tarheel. Surprisingly after over 4 decades of shooting I have never owned a .22 mag of any kind. For my mom's 80 year old hands I am thinking that she would have a better chance of shooting more than one shot with the .22 mag.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Verticoli said:
yz9890 said:
I need a 38 again. especially since the only amino at my Walmart is 17hmr, 22-250, 22short, and 38.
Diversify your portfolio, yz?

absolutely. except I don't know if I'm going to start hunting for a Smith 442 again or a Savage 93R17.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Okay...1st for me. went to the range to put a few through the LCR .38. Thats what I did. I put a few through it....5. Rounds sounded "WEIRD". They were 130 Fiochi FMJ, same as I had shot 50 of last week. Put five more in ...and click. Took out the rounds and tried dry fire..Its screwed up. Put 5 white box leads in...zip. Sent a text to Ruger.. Kinda fun to test out that vaunted Ruger customer service. I'll keep you posted guys. C

R

rayzer007

What a shame Craig; but glad it happened while on the range, and not in a bad situation!

Ray

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Yeah Ray..Good thing. I have been carrying it solo for a week. Just re-inforces my two gun carry option. Back to the LCP, and the LC9 for now.

M

mukwah

Dosen't sound to good Craig! Is it the firing pin? Got proly 300-400 through mine with no problem. :-\

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Dunno Muk. It was firing like a champ. I can see the firing pin moving toward strike position, but the whole thing is feeling very loose..and just "not right" I am NO RICHGCOOP!!. gonna let the guys at Ruger do it right.

M

mukwah

Good idea Craig! Something's not right and it's best to get it straightened out buy the Ruger folks!

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
OK. Called ruger today. I'm sending the LCR in tomorrow. New girl training on the phone. Pretty funny. She deleted all my info three times! But she was nice. I'll keep you guys posted. C.

R

rayzer007

yz9890 said:
I don't know if I'm going to start hunting for a Smith 442 again or a Savage 93R17.

My vote goes to the 442 YZ; nothing quite like it. Had it in an old Jackass shoulder holster today; great, reliable gun that has stopped a lot of BG's in the last 60 yrs. (with no where near the quality rounds available today). It's as classic as the 1911. Shoot it right through the coat pocket if need be!

Ray

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Got the LCR back today. Pretty quick! They replaced the hammer assembly and the transfer bar. . I'll keep you all posted. I am VERY pleased with ruger on getting right on this!. I will say that they really pack this up to ship it. It took me 15 minutes to get the box opened...

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Congrats Craig! Gotta love them snub-nose revolvers. Even though I switched to the LCP two years ago, I still enjoy carrying my S&W Model 37 Airweight on occasion. The LCR is a great snub. I had a chance to shoot one last year. I couldn't believe how nice the trigger pull is on them. There may be an LCR in my future! :)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I really enjoy this little gem Sarge! I'm carrying it front right pocket now, with my LCP in my right rear pocket. I did ,as you have noticed, send it back to Ruger for a repair...but its back and I'm excited to shoot it some tomorrow. The trigger is truly amazing, and it shoots great. Save your pennies bud. ;)