Love this little revolver!

GA Firing Line
M

mukwah

Been carrying this little jewel around the house the last couple of weeks and love it! Perfect size, weight and balance! Keep it loaded with 38+P and a speed loader handy with .357's I feel confident in it's ability to perform! IWB Triplek leather holster for every day carry and it's good to go! Giving Elsie a well deserved break, a little beauty rest you might say!LOL
aefd4154-d697-57f7.jpg

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Those are nice little lite revolvers.
My grandson has one in 38 special real nice gun.
The grip has a blue insert in it which absorbs recoil.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Just got me one of these puppies last night. Pretty excited to give it a try tomorrow at the range. Bought a box of .38 super, along with 2 boxes of .38 special ( the correct ammo...)Pretty ticked off on the stoopid mistake. Doubt the LGC will take it back....gggrrrr. The balance on this revolver really is amazing. Pretty stoked!

M

mukwah

Congrats Craig! You're gonna love the way she shoots! Let's see, LCP, LC9, SR40C, and now a LCR! Sounds like a Ruger man to me!!! ;D

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
mukwah said:
Congrats Craig! You're gonna love the way she shoots! Let's see, LCP, LC9, SR40C, and now a LCR! Sounds like a Ruger man to me!!! ;D
more bud...10/22 takedown , and sr 22 also.!! Can't wait to shoot this little bugger tomorrow

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Okay... Got her out today. Took my grandaughter Sarah (14) and her friend(Eli) to the gun range in Springville. We started out with the LCR .38 sp +P. What a sweet gun! It's the first revolver I've ever owned, and i might be in trouble.. It was pretty clean right out of the box..but you all know of my sweet tooth for cleaning my guns. I really do feel like it's the best way to understand the weapon, other than shooting it. Thinking about that...sorta both huh?! Any who...First few shots where off quite a bit, but it got way better with the second five. Used white box lead loads, and had zip problems. (course that's kinda what revolvers are about...right?) I was REALLY pleased with the way the hogue grips soaked up the snap. They really are an amazing grip that is well designed for the gun. Easy to hold, and keep a great tight hold while shooting. I got a 3 inch group at 10 yards with the standard sights. I was thinking of putting on a trijicon front sight, but I'm thinking...nope. I'm prolly gonna trade the LCR for the LCP when the new holster gets here from Doug. Cleaning this up after the shot took 4-5 minutes. Are you kidding me?! I had thought about going with the 357 model, but didn't because I'll probably front pocket carry it, and I was afraid I'd notice the 3-4 oz weight increase. Pretty pleased with this gun....;) Both of the girls loved it.

R

rayzer007

Everyone should have at least one .38 snub; they are a piece of history; be it S&W, Ruger, Taurus, Colt, ... etc. Put them in any holster - shoulder, OWB, IWB, ankle, pocket - they always carry well! Load it with 135 gr. Speer Gold Dot +P Short Barrel, or Winchester/Remington/Buffalo Bore 158 gr.+P LSWCHP , with a speed strip, and you're good to go! I can't imagine how many millions have been sold since 1950. Gotta love 'em! 8)
Hands down, the greatest little gun ever made!

Ray

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Shot 50 rounds through the LCR .38 sp +P at the range today. It was BUSY at Rangemasters today. Had to wait half hour for a lane. Seems like there might be a bunch of people concerned about the gun control stuff thats out there today. Started out with Winchester 130 grain pdx1 +p rounds. Definetely has more snap to that round! Think I'll carry these in the LCR for SD. I had painted the front sight about half way down the stepped sight with testors silver enamel paint. Made a HUGE difference! This little guy's is a great shooting little gun. Smooth trigger and very easy to control up to firing action occurs. I was within 3-4 inches at 10 yards. I'm thinking that will be good for me. So far..the only two guns I'm more accurate with are my SR40C, and the Sr22PB. Pretty sure I'm gonna carry it instead of my LC9, as a companion to my LCP. Like I've said before...nice to have options!

M

mukwah

Good range report craig!! Glad you're happy with her! Options are nice!

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I need a 38 again. especially since the only amino at my Walmart is 17hmr, 22-250, 22short, and 38.