Love this little revolver!

Howard Law

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Jeeze Mukwah....Thats nice man. Shot it yet? I gotta wonder how it feels with 357 with wood grips...Okay to keep a hold of her? Couldn't look nicer man. I got mine out today, and she went through 80 rounds of 158 grain remington 38 sp with zero problems. I really do love this revolver. Sarge...maybe put some nickels and dimes in the pot too friend...;)

R

rayzer007

framedcraig1 said:
I got mine out today, and she went through 80 rounds of 158 grain remington 38 sp with zero problems.

158 gr. is a great round for the snub airweights, ain't it Craig! Actually nice to shoot!

Ray

R

rayzer007

framedcraig1 said:
Loved em Ray...shot like a champ. Why didn't anyone tell me how fun snubbies were years ago?? lol.

Everybody should have at least one; I've got two, and love them both - good, small guns - oodles of history accompanying the j frames!

Ray

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Okay.. took Sher out to the range yesterday. (Happy day. she is hard as ebony to get to go...she's always got some project or other going) We then put about 30 rounds through Sher's LCP. She did great, and so did elsie pea. We then put 50 rounds of .40 S&W downrange through the SR40C. Man I love that pistol! Dead on...every time. Sher did get a pinch from the slide (no cut!), but I'll take the blame . Should have watch her hand position better for her. Dang. Now to the real point of this post. The LCR .38 +p. I have had it back from Ruger for the repair on the trigger, and the transfer bar for a few weeks now. It is running like a champ, and is such a sweet little revolver. This wheel gun has really changed the way I shoot a handgun. The first time i shoot five through her this time I was going for speed, and I missed the whole target with all 5 at 6 yards. Wut?! I then put in five more, and pulled the trigger back to almost break point and then pressed off the shot. Dead center. Not kinda. DEAD center. The next four within 2 ". Okay ...I'm shooting this way differentely than I do my pistols. I would love some feedback from you wheelgunners on whats up with this. I really am liking this LCR. Even more now that I get on target better. She is a joy to carry in that new front holster Doug. hehe.
IMG_20130222_194211_187_zps722e1706.jpg
8)

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Craig....When you pull the trigger and can rotate and lock the cylinder in place without the hammer dropping 15 times in a row....You will be ready to challenge Sher to a contest....

PS....Dont forget your glasses... 8)

PSS....It helps to use empty rounds or snap caps to get the actual feel of the cylinder rotating and locking in place when practicing....Once the cylinder locks in place...Pull the trigger the rest of the way and its bullseyes on the target... ;) ;) ;) ;)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
okay Trig. Practiced the rotating the cyl to lock 15 times...done
Glasses...always...........................................................done.
empty rounds practice..................................................done.
Challange Sher.............................................................nope!.
(she still has the twelve gauge)
Great thoughts however...;)

R

rayzer007

framedcraig1 said:
I'm shooting this way differentely than I do my pistols. I would love some feedback from you wheelgunners on whats up with this.

I think it's just a matter of practice and familiarization Craig. I'm just the opposite of you; I never shot a pistol, always just revolvers, till recently. I found the autos much easier, after dealing with the revolver for so long. You obviously are getting the hang of it!

Ray

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Shot the LCR 38 yesterday. Feeling much more comfortable with this wheelgun..and getting quicker with her. I will say that I am quite a bit better with this gun, than I am with the LCP at 8 yards. Five yards...no difference. I do have a concern, in that I'm a bit afraid of Fiochii 130 38 sp rounds (fmj) with the LCR. I was shooting those rounds when the ruger went south after I had just gotten her. I feel a noticable increase in the spank that round gives me when I shoot it. I still have about 80 rounds of the rounds that I bought when I got the revolver, and yep...gonna shoot em out on my next trip or two. Ruger did get it fixed right up ...and back to me quick...but I'm not going to by any more of them. (Even if they ever do come back on the shelves at my LGS.(along with any other rounds...by any manufacturer in the near future) I did find a box of Hornady critical defense ftx110 grain .38 +p (which I LOVE). I can feel no difference in snap on that round, than I do with the ftx 110 grain in the normal pressure. Sticking with it for daily carry, and really found it to be very accurate. Any thoughts on these concerns? I am totally in love with this light little snubbie.!

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
framedcraig1 said:
Shot the LCR 38 yesterday. Feeling much more comfortable with this wheelgun..and getting quicker with her. I will say that I am quite a bit better with this gun, than I am with the LCP at 8 yards. Five yards...no difference. I do have a concern, in that I'm a bit afraid of Fiochii 130 38 sp rounds (fmj) with the LCR. I was shooting those rounds when the ruger went south after I had just gotten her. I feel a noticable increase in the spank that round gives me when I shoot it. I still have about 80 rounds of the rounds that I bought when I got the revolver, and yep...gonna shoot em out on my next trip or two. Ruger did get it fixed right up ...and back to me quick...but I'm not going to by any more of them. (Even if they ever do come back on the shelves at my LGS.(along with any other rounds...by any manufacturer in the near future) I did find a box of Hornady critical defense ftx110 grain .38 +p (which I LOVE). I can feel no difference in snap on that round, than I do with the ftx 110 grain in the normal pressure. Sticking with it for daily carry, and really found it to be very accurate. Any thoughts on these concerns? I am totally in love with this light little snubbie.!
Interesting range report. Thanks for sharing you observations.

M

mukwah

Well, been carrying my LCR .357 loaded with .38+P for about 4 months now (winter months) but spring has sprung in the south. Spring is usually short lived here as hot, humid grueling summer time rolls in pretty quick!
Time now to clean her up and wipe her down and give her a well deserved break! Time to wake up Elsie and her big brother(LC9) from their winter slumber and put them both to work!
I love options!!!!!;D

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
mukwah said:
Well, been carrying my LCR .357 loaded with .38+P for about 4 months now (winter months) but spring has sprung in the south. Spring is usually short lived here as hot, humid grueling summer time rolls in pretty quick!
Time now to clean her up and wipe her down and give her a well deserved break! Time to wake up Elsie and her big brother(LC9) from their winter slumber and put them both to work!
I love options!!!!!;D

Muk...Sounds like a good idea...You may need to buy a pair of shorts like RichGcoop wears... :eek: :eek:

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Trigger_1 said:
Craig....When you pull the trigger and can rotate and lock the cylinder in place without the hammer dropping 15 times in a row....You will be ready to challenge Sher to a contest....

PS....Dont forget your glasses... 8)

PSS....It helps to use empty rounds or snap caps to get the actual feel of the cylinder rotating and locking in place when practicing....Once the cylinder locks in place...Pull the trigger the rest of the way and its bullseyes on the target... ;) ;) ;) ;)

GREAT advice, Trigger_1.

M

mukwah

If you have an Academy Sports nearby you might check there. That's where I saw one a few weeks ago.

(P.S. Welcome to our forum!)

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.