Lets talk about our concealed weapons we carry

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Hawkeye

Hunter
Feb 8, 2016
I carry a Glock 43 right now as my concealed weapon effective as of today. This will be my second concealed carry weapon and so far I'm enjoying it far more than I enjoyed my previous one. This Glock 43 is fed quality ammo and it eats it and spits it out realiably and without any problems at all. I feel like this Glock 43 has my back and I can trust it if i ever need it. hopefully i never do.

So lets hear a little something about your concealed carry weapon.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I carry a Glock 23 on duty and when clothing allows, or a Glock 26 for basic concealed carry in pretty much any clothes. I shot a Glock 43 over the weekend and like it a lot. I just can't find a reason to carry it over my Glock 26 since I have yet to encounter a situation where I cannot conceal my Glock 26 adequately, so I'll take more ammo over thinner any day of the week.

D

David

Right now my concealed weapon of choice is my trusty FNS9. Its been through a decent amount in its short life, its seen some gf's come and go and its helped detach a lot of bullets from their shell casings. But she'll be retired soon in order to make way for my one true love the FNH FiveSeven.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I've been carrying a Gen4 G19 for the last 3 years. It's reliable, simple, and runs like a champ. Prior to switching to Glock I carried and competed with Springfield Armory XD9's. No plans to move away from Glock in the foreseeable future. They work too well!

Gary Combs

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
I'll stick with my PK 380 Walter for general carry. My J-frame .357 magnum if I want to get serious.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
Typically my Glock 19 although on occasion my G43 (train extensively with both) when I'm on the bike and can't effectively conceal the 19, only thing o don't care for the 43 is the capacity (carry 2 additional magazines) I know how the argument goes lol about the whole rule of 3's but when adrenalin is pumping I like the idea of having 16 in the G19 (one in the chamber) and a spare 17 magazine with a 2 rd extender vs. The 43 with 1 chambered and 6 in the magazine and 2 additional magazines of 6.........always plan for multiple threats, it's not paranoia just awareness and tactical advantage in my mind

lcr357

Scout
Apr 7, 2013
Ohio
My go to right now is my LC9s Pro, but there are times I carry my SR9c or 1911. Depends on clothing and where I'm headed.

HFTech

Hunter
Feb 3, 2016
[QUOTE="Hawkeye]I carry a Glock 43 right now as my concealed weapon effective as of today. This will be my second concealed carry weapon and so far I'm enjoying it far more than I enjoyed my previous one. This Glock 43 is fed quality ammo and it eats it and spits it out realiably and without any problems at all. I feel like this Glock 43 has my back and I can trust it if i ever need it. hopefully i never do.
So lets hear a little something about your concealed carry weapon.

[/QUOTE]
1st Off, Why are you calling your Firearm a "Weapon"? I carry a Firearm. Weapons consist of Knives,Sticks,Spears & Such. If we change our Language to represent what we actually carry, the Media would have less Ammo against us.

Thanks.

PS: I carry a Full Sized Colt 45 Cocked & Locked in a Bianchi 82 Carry Lock along with an Extra 8 rnd. magazine.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
A gun carried concealed for defensive purposes is a weapon by definition. Yes guns have many uses, but one of those uses is as weapons. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking when we carry a gun that we aren't carrying a weapon. We need to recognize that a gun is a deadly weapon. Appreciate it and respect it.

Maybe your confusion is that there are both offensive weapons and defensive weapons. Carrying a gun for protection is most certainly carrying a weapon though.

Here is the dictionary definition for you. Notice it includes any item used for defense in an altercation:

the definition of weapon

I believe it to be disingenuous to call knives and sticks weapons but not guns. All of them have alternative uses as tools that aren't weapons. So why call some tools weapons and not guns? I call my knife a tool when I am cutting rope, I call it a utensil when I'm cutting steak, and I call it a weapon if I'm using it to defend myself from attack. Why would a gun be different? We carry them as defensive weapons so it's dishonest to argue you shouldn't call it such.

Sounds like political bullcrap to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

HFTech

Hunter
Feb 3, 2016
the definition of weapon[/URL]

I believe it to be disingenuous to call knives and sticks weapons but not guns. All of them have alternative uses as tools that aren't weapons. So why call some tools weapons and not guns? I call my knife a tool when I am cutting rope, I call it a utensil when I'm cutting steak, and I call it a weapon if I'm using it to defend myself from attack. Why would a gun be different? We carry them as defensive weapons so it's dishonest to argue you shouldn't call it such.

Sounds like political bullcrap to me.
As for you calling it Political Bullcrap, Do you say "Gun Crime" or do you say Criminal use of a Firearm?

I understand the Definition quite clearly. It's apparent your NRA Training like mine didn't include the part about Not mentioning them as "Weapons" because of the pure backlash of the Word, or you disregard their "Recommendation".

Hello- You can call it want you want, but the NRA asks us "Instructors & Trainers" use their Lesson Plans & that we not call them that.

I call Transgenders & Homo's other names I shall not mention here, and you may not, but don't tell me I am wrong or disingenuous because you don't like it.

I also included Websters definition for you to look at.

Firearm - Definition for English-Language Learners from Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Yes, my training by the NRA asked we not call them weapons....for political reasons. That is for NRA courses, not self defense courses. I don't teach NRA courses for this very reason. I teach concealed carry courses where we teach defensive weaponcraft.

Ignore it all you want, but there is no logical way to argue a gun isn't a weapon when it is being carried for self defense. NRA courses are designed for gun use for other purposes besides defense, when the gun isn't a weapon. But don't act like the use of a gun as a defensive weapon doesn't exist just because it doesn't fit your political agenda of firearm perception.

I don't change my proper use of words for fear of "backlash" by people who don't know any better. I'm not going to stop calling a gun a weapon when it is carried as a weapon just because it upsets some liberals.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD

Hunter
Apr 25, 2016
I recently switched from carrying a Ruger LC9 to the SR9c. The SR9c has all the capacity I could want in a carry piece + is a great shooter - no comparison really to the LC9. Unfortunately, it's a little thicker and a little bit less comfortable to conceal than I thought it might be... I'm currently infatuated with the idea of carrying a 3" k-frame Smith...

Feb 2, 2016
for nine years i have carried a Taurus .357 magnum 5 shot hammerless 2" barrel not a long range gun but within 15-20 feet it does iot job quite well