LCR rosewood grips

Howard Law
R

rayzer007

That's a nice Christmas present Muk. I have read much good about these; recoil is handled well, extremely comfortable, clothing slides over them, and they are beautiful to feel and look at! I like to rotate grips (rubber, wood, finger grooved) on my Commander every few months for a change of feel, but I would probably use these always on my snubs! You really treated yourself, and you'll never have any tinge of buyer's remorse with this purchase!

Ray

R

rayzer007

The ones in the pictures appear to be for a right handed shooter. Also, how are they attached? I don't see and screw holes!?

Ray

M

mukwah

The indent on the left hand side is to accomadate a speed loader. The LCR grips attach with a bolt in the bottom of the grip and then slide off in one piece.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Many years ago I bought a piece of Brazilian rosewood for no reason other than its beauty. It's highly figured and the coloring is astounding. My understanding is that Brazilian rosewood is no longer available in the USA lumber market.

Maybe one of these days I'll turn it into a few pistol grips.

M

mukwah

Sounds like a nice project Skip, but if you're like me, "so many projects, so little time"!! :-\

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
mukwah said:
Sounds like a nice project Skip, but if you're like me, "so many projects, so little time"!! :-\
The funny thing is that is true even when I'm retired. I have two new bathroom vanities and a dining room buffet/hutch designed but haven't even gotten the material for them yet.

Sometimes a little project gets done just because it can be squeezed in between the bigger plans. That pushes the bigger plans back, though. ::)

M

mukwah

So true Skip! Oh well, such is life! Enjoy all you can, or have time for!!!LOL ::)

M

mukwah

Well, got a backorder confirmation E-mail today. Looks like it will be about 2-3 weeks before they come in. Just in time for Christmas! I think it will be worth the wait! 8)

R

rayzer007

mukwah said:
Well, got a backorder confirmation E-mail today. Looks like it will be about 2-3 weeks before they come in. Just in time for Christmas! I think it will be worth the wait! 8)

Absolutely; it'll give you something to think about for three weeks! :D You'll be surprised how many times you will look at the pictures of them while waiting. That's the way it always goes!

Ray

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
rayzer007 said:
mukwah said:

Absolutely; it'll give you something to think about for three weeks! :D You'll be surprised how many times you will look at the pictures of them while waiting. That's the way it always goes!

Ray
That is so true Ray, I'm still looking at pictures of the 1911 I bought 3 weeks ago. BTW, those are some very sweet looking grips Mukwah. Enjoy the self inflicted Christmas gift! Yogi 8)

vetsvette

Scout
Apr 21, 2010
So, did they come in? How do you like them? I just swapped for a LCR and am interested in those grips.

M

mukwah

No, still waiting! When they do you guys will be the first to know! I guess good things are worth waiting for!

M

mukwah

Yippieee! I'm at work now but just got a text from my grandson that there was a package on the front porch from Eagle Grips!!!! Can't wait to get out of here!!! 2 more hours to go!!!