LCP II (Formerly titled "LCP version 2")

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Anyone ever broken a poly guide rod?

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Cut out a strip for under the trigger guard and for the pinky extension with the DIY kit from Traction Grips...

View attachment 26488

View attachment 26491

I cut out a strip for my support hand thumb on the frame as well but I ended up taking it off.

View attachment 26490

I was practicing drawing from my pocket holster and the pocket holster(Desantis Nemesis) kept coming out with the gun. The rubber material is very sticky and kept sticking to the inside of the pocket holster. I got the Desantis Nemesis instead of using the factory supplied Ruger pocket holster because the outside of it is a rubber material and is designed to stick to the pocket so that it remains in the pocket when the gun is drawn and even it wasn't sticking with the rubber grip tape on the frame. Oh well, I wasn't too crazy about the looks of it on the frame anyways and was beginning to think that maybe I got a little carried away. :wacko:

BTW if anybody ends up getting an LCP II I have a brand new set of Traction Grips black rubber grips for the LCP II that you can have for free. Apparently I forgot to remove it from my cart and didn't realize it. I don't feel like going through the hassle of returning a $9 set of grips.
Is it possible that the extra grip tape may in addition to making it grippier, that it increased the overall thickness of the pistol adding to the draw issue?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Is it possible that the extra grip tape may in addition to making it grippier, that it increased the overall thickness of the pistol adding to the draw issue?

Nah, the pocket holster isn't that tight on the gun.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Pfft...sure.

The plastic lip on the guide rod that goes on the barrel broke. You asked a question, I gave an answer. It's not what you wanted to hear so it can't be true. I really don't give a fuck if you believe me or not. I created a thread about it on ODT several years ago.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
The plastic lip on the guide rod that goes on the barrel broke. You asked a question, I gave an answer. It's not what you wanted to hear so it can't be true. I really don't give a fuck if you believe me or not. I created a thread about it on ODT several years ago.
woah woah crazy, I think he was being funny. I was gonna say the same thing but he beat me to it lol

Reactions: Laufen

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
woah woah crazy, I think he was being funny. I was gonna say the same thing but he beat me to it lol

Given his post history lately I took him seriously. I knew where he was going with his first post too. ;)

I'm pretty sure the plastic guide rod breaking on my G29 was an anomaly. Regardless of whether or not I think a plastic guide rod is an issue, if I can get a steel one for a decent price I will every time, just like I would a 1911 with MIM parts vs machined parts.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Given his post history lately I took him seriously. I knew where he was going with his first post too. ;)

I'm pretty sure the plastic guide rod breaking on my G29 was an anomaly. Regardless of whether or not I think a plastic guide rod is an issue, if I can get a steel one for a decent price I will every time, just like I would a 1911 with MIM parts vs machined parts.
Lol it is hard to tell with Laufen. I default to defensive sometimes with him too.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I shot the second iteration at the range last weekend. It's about as good as a small lightweight .380 can get, but I've dumped them for the Lc9s. Personally, I believe the .380 ACP is just fine for SD, I'm just streamlining.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I shot the second iteration at the range last weekend. It's about as good as a small lightweight .380 can get, but I've dumped them for the Lc9s. Personally, I believe the .380 ACP is just fine for SD, I'm just streamlining.

I fondled a LC9s Pro last week at CG&P. I think that's gonna be my next purchase. I'm gonna be on the lookout for a LC9s Pro Spartan but I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to track one down since they were a limited run.

SmartSelectImage_2017-03-09-12-17-44.png

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I fondled a LC9s Pro last week at CG&P. I think that's gonna be my next purchase. I'm gonna be on the lookout for a LC9s Pro Spartan but I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to track one down since they were a limited run.

View attachment 26508
Oh fuck...we'll be LC9s brothers. It does shoot well, and the trigger is good. Almost too "good" for a carry gun imo.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I'd like another Pocket Gun as well. Something for deep concealment. Smaller than my glock 42 or my J frame 337. I like the LCP custom and the LCP II both but I've never shot either. I've also been kicking around the idea of a North American Arms Pug T. I read an article the other day on some new 22 magnum personal defense rounds. It was pretty interesting. They performed a lot better than I was expecting in the ballistic tests.