LCP II (Formerly titled "LCP version 2")

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Meh, maybe I'll buy another LCP for the car when they start selling for $150.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Sweet! I do want to get one of these but like @AtlMedic said, I'm gonna wait til they get the kinks worked out.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I traded off my LCP because I rarely carried it. I kind of regret it now. May have to take a seriously look at this one once the new wears off

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I am always interested in a good ultra cc gun. This could be a good candidate to fulfill that need

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I've never had a "pocket gun" personally. Wouldn't mind having one to try if they're cheap enough.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I'm glad to see slide lock on last round.

That was the determing factor on why I went with the S&W bodyguard over the lcp

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I was going to wait to get one of these until they had been out for a while but I have seen nothing but good reviews on them so I ended up picking one up yesterday at CG&P for $269. Everywhere else I had seen these they wanted anywhere from $300- $325 for them. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I'm going to try to make it to the range early next week some time. My initial impression is that this is a great ultra CC gun. The trigger on this thing is really nice. It breaks at around 6lb or so but it is super crisp and has a fairly short reset. The trigger on this is definitely better than any other "pocket gun" that I've handled. The texturing on the frame definitely looks more aggressive than it is. It's not bad but with a gun this small I want all the bite that I can get. I ordered a set of Talon rubber grips for it so that should be an easy fix. I will post up a range report once I get it out and run some rounds through it.

20170303_171403.jpg

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I have confirmed that the LCP II (not "2") fully cocks the hammer when the slide is cycled (both manually and after firing) and there is NO safety that can manually prevent the hammer from falling. This is sorta like a Glock except for the fact that this has a hammer and is not striker-fired like a Glock.

A lot of folks on another forum don't feel comfortable using the LCP II as a pocket pistol. The original LCPs only partially cock their hammers when the slide is cycled so there's less energy in the hammer at rest.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I do love my little lcp and I am a little curious about the 2nd gen however i think ill wait until i can pick one up for cheap to try as im not sure Id prefer it over the old one.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have confirmed that the LCP II (not "2") fully cocks the hammer when the slide is cycled (both manually and after firing) and there is NO safety that can manually prevent the hammer from falling. This is sorta like a Glock except for the fact that this has a hammer and is not striker-fired like a Glock.

A lot of folks on another forum don't feel comfortable using the LCP II as a pocket pistol. The original LCPs only partially cock their hammers when the slide is cycled so there's less energy in the hammer at rest.

Yes, the hammer is fully cocked on the LCP II. This doesn't bother me at all. I can deal with the hammer being fully cocked if it means that it has a nicer trigger. There is a trigger safety on it, like a Glock, to prevent an AD. The trigger is heavy enough that that combined with the trigger safety provides enough reassurance that I'm not going to have it go off in my pocket.

Have you ever heard of any instances of the hammer dropping even when half cocked on a Gen2 LCP?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Put on the Talon Grips today. Got my order of the DIY black rubber strips from Traction Grips as well. Gonna put a strip under the trigger guard and a strip on the frame for my support hand thumb.

20170308_145642.jpg

Reactions: Righter13

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Cut out a strip for under the trigger guard and for the pinky extension with the DIY kit from Traction Grips...

20170308_180816.jpg

20170308_181004.jpg

I cut out a strip for my support hand thumb on the frame as well but I ended up taking it off.

20170308_180935.jpg

I was practicing drawing from my pocket holster and the pocket holster(Desantis Nemesis) kept coming out with the gun. The rubber material is very sticky and kept sticking to the inside of the pocket holster. I got the Desantis Nemesis instead of using the factory supplied Ruger pocket holster because the outside of it is a rubber material and is designed to stick to the pocket so that it remains in the pocket when the gun is drawn and even it wasn't sticking with the rubber grip tape on the frame. Oh well, I wasn't too crazy about the looks of it on the frame anyways and was beginning to think that maybe I got a little carried away. :wacko:

BTW if anybody ends up getting an LCP II I have a brand new set of Traction Grips black rubber grips for the LCP II that you can have for free. Apparently I forgot to remove it from my cart and didn't realize it. I don't feel like going through the hassle of returning a $9 set of grips.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Also, just FYI, the LCP II comes with a stainless steel guide rod whereas the regular LCP's come with a plastic guide rod. I didn't realize this because the guide rod in the LCP II is painted and ordered a stainless steel guide rod from Galloway Precision. :classicdoh: They are kinda deceptive in their advertising for the stainless guide rod though...

They have it listed under LCP II Performance Parts...

SmartSelectImage_2017-03-08-19-17-34.png

And they say "This is a direct replacement for your factory LCP and LCP II guide rod, but produced out of stainless 316 steel."

SmartSelectImage_2017-03-08-19-18-11.png

Also, I emailed Galloway Precision and asked if their +1 Magazine extension for the LCP would work with the LCP II. Brandyn emailed me back about 45 minutes later and said that unfortunately it would not work but they are working on one right now that will work for the LCP II.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Also, just FYI, the LCP II comes with a stainless steel guide rod whereas the regular LCP's come with a plastic guide rod. I didn't realize this because the guide rod in the LCP II is painted and ordered a stainless steel guide rod from Galloway Precision. :classicdoh: They are kinda deceptive in their advertising for the stainless guide rod though...

They have it listed under LCP II Performance Parts...

View attachment 26492

And they say "This is a direct replacement for your factory LCP and LCP II guide rod, but produced out of stainless 316 steel."

View attachment 26493

Also, I emailed Galloway Precision and asked if their +1 Magazine extension for the LCP would work with the LCP II. Brandyn emailed me back about 45 minutes later and said that unfortunately it would not work but they are working on one right now that will work for the LCP II.
Might be a different type of steel?