LC9--Love mine.

GA Firing Line

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
Mukwuh, what grip did you go with? I have been wanting to add a little thickness to my grip and wasn't sure which one to use. The one you have looks like it will fit the bill.

R

rayzer007

WAcarry said:
Mukwuh, what grip did you go with? I have been wanting to add a little thickness to my grip and wasn't sure which one to use. The one you have looks like it will fit the bill.
I don't know which ones Mukwah has, but these are nice too! I really like them, they have a slight palm swell, and are very grippy.
http://www.pachmayr.com/home/tactical-grip-gloves.php
Available in our store for $10.
Ray

M

mukwah

Re: Re: LC9--Love mine.

WAcarry said:
I have the Pachmyer Grip Sleeve, gives a little extra cushion! 8)

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
Fred said:
Like 3Coyotes I have pretty much the same relationship with my LC9. Like everything about it, but can't stand the trigger pull.

Just following up this post. Since the LC9 isn't my carry gun, decided to see what I could do about the trigger. Sent off my trigger bar and hammer to Galloway Precision to see if their modification of same would help. I'll report when I get the parts back.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Fred said:
Fred said:
Like 3Coyotes I have pretty much the same relationship with my LC9. Like everything about it, but can't stand the trigger pull.

Just following up this post. Since the LC9 isn't my carry gun, decided to see what I could do about the trigger. Sent off my trigger bar and hammer to Galloway Precision to see if their modification of same would help. I'll report when I get the parts back.
Very Interested! 8)

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
3Coyotes said:
Fred said:
Fred said:

Very Interested! 8)

Will let you know once I get the parts back and have a chance to take it to the nrange.

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
3Coyotes said:
Fred said:
Fred said:

Very Interested! 8)
Me too!

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
WAcarry said:
3Coyotes said:
Fred said:
Fred said:

Very Interested! 8)
Me too!

No problem - as mentioned, will report once I get the parts back and can get to the range.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
Just got the parts back, but am working crazy hours at as local county fair, so will have to wait until next week to install and test. As promised, will follow up with a report.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
Fred said:
Just got the parts back, but am working crazy hours at as local county fair, so will have to wait until next week to install and test. As promised, will follow up with a report.

OK, finally got a chance to install the modified hammer and trigger bar. No question that it does shorten the trigger pull some, but I'm still not a big fan of the LC9 trigger. I'm thinking that's because I also have a Kahr Stainless Elite, and its trigger has spoiled me. The Kahr has a relatively light and very smooth trigger, unlike the LC9. Of course it cost almost double, so for the price, the LC9 is still a nice gun.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Fred said:
OK, finally got a chance to install the modified hammer and trigger bar. No question that it does shorten the trigger pull some, but I'm still not a big fan of the LC9 trigger.
Now for those trial rounds down range... it may not be a Kahr, but that's OK.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
framedcraig1 said:
Way to stick up for the LC9 3Coyotes!! Hard to not love that Ruger...
At this point, I have to be pragmatic about my 2 LC9's. I do like mine, but can't endorse that anyone purchase one without a range test first. Go in with your eyes open and decide up front if the good things that are the LC9 overpower the trigger as it is.

I do not feel this way about the long LCP trigger pull. In comparison, it feels sophisticated and integral to the whole gun... LC9, not so much.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Yeah...pretty much agree. I ALWAYS have trouble going back to the LC9, after shooting that sweet SR40 C...with its great trigger. I find myself anticipating the snap. In a way..it has made me do much better work with trigger control on all of my pistols. I feel fairly comfortable wifh the length of the pull on the LC9 now.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
3Coyotes said:
framedcraig1 said:
Way to stick up for the LC9 3Coyotes!! Hard to not love that Ruger...
At this point, I have to be pragmatic about my 2 LC9's. I do like mine, but can't endorse that anyone purchase one without a range test first. Go in with your eyes open and decide up front if the good things that are the LC9 overpower the trigger as it is.

I do not feel this way about the long LCP trigger pull. In comparison, it feels sophisticated and integral to the whole gun... LC9, not so much.

Funny that you should mention the LCP. I feel exactly the same way. The LCP's trigger doesn't bother me at all, but I'm still not warm and fuzzy about the LC9. Yes, the mod helped, but I need to get some range time in with the 9 to master that trigger.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Not to open another can of worms, but the triggers on my two stock LC9's are different.

The newer one is fairly smooth with "less" worry about the muscular action of your finger pushing you off your intended target. The older one pushes even with concentrated effort. Ruger must have a fairly wide tolerance or are incorporating running changes. Neither have that LCP integrated feel.