LC9--Love mine.

GA Firing Line

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Hmmm ..good thought 3Coyotes. Good possibility that is why I like mine as much as i do. I've always wondered why folks were saying "gritty" and "uneven"..etc.etc. My has always been smooth and very predictable...Good thought bud.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
3Coyotes said:
Not to open another can of worms, but the triggers on my two stock LC9's are different.

The newer one is fairly smooth with "less" worry about the muscular action of your finger pushing you off your intended target. The older one pushes even with concentrated effort. Ruger must have a fairly wide tolerance or are incorporating running changes. Neither have that LCP integrated feel.

Hmm, that might explain why I don't like the trigger on my LC9, as it is an early model. I need to find someone with a current version and compare triggers.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Food for thought...

My LC9 with a rough trigger is a 320- series. My wife's is a 321- series. That trigger's better, but it still bites her finger.
Can't win.

I don't want to start a new thread, but what series is yours and does it follow suit?

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
3Coyotes said:
Food for thought...

My LC9 with a rough trigger is a 320- series. My wife's is a 321- series. That trigger's better, but it still bites her finger.
Can't win.

I don't want to start a new thread, but what series is yours and does it follow suit?

Good question - mine is definitely an early one. Serial number is 320-41xxx

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I know Rich prescribed this fix for the LCP way back in the EPF days. The RICHGCOOP LC9 Trigger Fix should be made into an LC9 sticky.

I did the dry fire drill last night, starting with the first play of Browns preseason game. I pulled the trigger, rotating between the first two fingers of each hand and continuing through the entire game. For anyone unfamiliar with Browns games... they just never end. My forearms ached and my fingers were sore long before I was done.

The pull definitely felt smoother and I was far better able to aim and keep it on target through the entire pull whether in slow single or quick succession shots. Range time will tell and I'd be there today, but the nearest range is renovating and adding 5 new stalls. I don't know if I can get to Cuyhoga Falls or Brunswick any time soon.

Regardless, I'm a believer. Rich is the doctor and the prescription seems to have worked. Much appreciated.

Now to work on my wife's finger getting pinched with her trigger...

R

rayzer007

3Coyotes said:
Now to work on my wife's finger getting pinched with her trigger...
I wonder if it would help if she held the trigger to the rear for a second after firing; or maybe adjusted her finger a little higher on the trigger to begin with.
Ray