Kel-Tec Sub 2000

GA Firing Line

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I knew this would happen! My son stopped by yesterday to see the Romanian G AKM I purchased at the Medina County GS weekend before last. My Father also stopped by. I told them watch the Fin will call now and tell me the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm carbine is in I ordered from them last December will show up and sure enough the Fin called my wife today and said its in to come get it. I may need a place to stay for a few days! lol Will have to finance this one! I will post more after I get it tonight. (Rich, I am picking it up at the Canton Fin tonight)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Got it!!! They quoted me $339.00 back in December and the sticker said $499.00! But they honored the $339.00. My father bought a NNA .22 mag! I will post more when we get home at a restaurant right now. Packaging was horrible!! But it's in good shape

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk, Carry on

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I went to the counter to pay and the girl huffed (in a nice way) and said I can't believe this transaction, she said she called the manager and asked him if they were really going to honor that price and he said yes! She said she explained to him it was a $160 dollar loss. I am sort of in awe, I fell in a pile of black plastic gold, never thought they would honor that price, can't figure which I am more floored about, actually getting one or the price. I took a bunch of pics and I will post them tomorrow, getting up @ 5:30am, working, and driving to get it I am beat. Truthfully though... I am going to go play with it! Life is good.

R

rayzer007

Nomad said:
My father bought a NNA .22 mag!

He'll love that little gun Ron; I've had mine since '77 and it definitely has it's place. Remora makes a nice, small, versatile holster for it.

Ray

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
rayzer007 said:
Nomad said:

He'll love that little gun Ron; I've had mine since '77 and it definitely has it's place. Remora makes a nice, small, versatile holster for it.

Ray

Had a typo, NAA not NNA, thanks for over looking that. It is a sweet little revolver. My father is going to be 81 next week, he knows he has issues grouping with higher caliber weapons but want's to feel safe out in the yard. for the most part he can handle the LCP but he feels more comfortable with this little revolver. I am so happy he has it. I use the Remora Micro for my .357 snubby so I will be suggesting the remora because it also deters sweat. Only negative thing about him purchasing this is now I want one. I am already walking on thin ice with the wife and Knob Creek is in 3 weeks! I want 3 each of 30 and 33 round mags for the AKM and the Sub 2000 and ammo to fill them and I am already getting the evil eye from her, I foresee 100 dollar dinners and wine down in Kentucky! Admins, I may need to change my handle to Mud2000 - not a typo of Sub2000 either lol

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Nomad said:
I went to the counter to pay and the girl huffed (in a nice way) and said I can't believe this transaction, she said she called the manager and asked him if they were really going to honor that price and he said yes! She said she explained to him it was a $160 dollar loss. I am sort of in awe, I fell in a pile of black plastic gold, never thought they would honor that price, can't figure which I am more floored about, actually getting one or the price. I took a bunch of pics and I will post them tomorrow, getting up @ 5:30am, working, and driving to get it I am beat. Truthfully though... I am going to go play with it! Life is good.

They did not lose $160. So do not feel bad for them. I just checked some pricing and it looks to me, they made a profit of about 29 percent over their cost, selling it at $339. Had they sold it at the price of $499 they would have made a 90 percent gain over their cost. You were quoted a price in December that was based on the supply and demand at the time. Their cost has not gone up, but the demand has, and thus an increase in the MSRP. It appears you dealt with someone that honored their price rather than try and make a much bigger profit. Kudos to them! Although, they would not be heart broken had you said that you did not want it, as they would have sold it at the higher supply and demand current price.

What we have here is a supply and demand situation. The demand for the product apparently has increased, thus the MSRP or what someone can sell it at has increased. Even Kel-Tec's own web site says the MSRP is $409. So my guess is they place a higher price and take a lower offer of $450 or some other agreed amount for newer sales.

Just like the KSG that I want. Kel-Tec says MSRP is near $1200. They sell for $1,500 or more because of demand. But the wholesale price is well under even the $1,200 MSRP on the Kel-Tec website. Problem is they are very hard to find, thus all the price differences.

It reminds me also of a girl I used to work with. When the Chrysler PT Cruiser first came out she had to have one. There was limited supply and a fairly high demand. I think she paid 2-3,000 over the sticker price to get one. For a PT Cruiser? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think you got a fair price and they made money. And it appears they dealt with you honestly and fairly. People that get gouged many times find out they got gouged, then they never do business there again.

I also saw on another forum that when Feinstein submitted her weapons bill back after the Ct shooting, the KSG was on banned gun list. Kel-Tec raised their wholesale prices immediately for that gun and they said it was to help recoup R+D cost since the gun might be banned. They said when and if the ban/weapons bill did not pass they would lower their cost back to its original wholesale cost. We know the bill never got passed and it appears they have gone back to regular wholesale pricing. The Sub-2000 might have been on the list as well as a high capacity, not sure. I think anything over 10 round mags were targeted.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Nomad said:
rayzer007 said:
Nomad said:

Ray

Had a typo, NAA not NNA, thanks for over looking that. It is a sweet little revolver. My father is going to be 81 next week, he knows he has issues grouping with higher caliber weapons but want's to feel safe out in the yard. for the most part he can handle the LCP but he feels more comfortable with this little revolver. I am so happy he has it. I use the Remora Micro for my .357 snubby so I will be suggesting the remora because it also deters sweat. Only negative thing about him purchasing this is now I want one. I am already walking on thin ice with the wife and Knob Creek is in 3 weeks! I want 3 each of 30 and 33 round mags for the AKM and the Sub 2000 and ammo to fill them and I am already getting the evil eye from her, I foresee 100 dollar dinners and wine down in Kentucky! Admins, I may need to change my handle to Mud2000 - not a typo of Sub2000 either lol

Thanks for the info. Mine came with the 10 round Glock mag, I seen on you tube that they use to come with a 17 round or something like that and I know you can still get 33 rnds for them as well. The seem to be running $600.00 + on the auctions sites. I have purchased around 7-8 hand guns off them the last few years and lord knows plenty of ammo so there recognize me when I come in. ::) All in all I am very happy with the deal and won't get to go the range most likely till next week. I will be adding a link for pictures as soon as I can get them edited, should be today yet. Thanks again for the info.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Mine came with the 10 round Glock mag, I seen on you tube that they use to come with a 17 round or something like that and I know you can still get 33 rnds for them as well.What is the length of the magazine? I'm wondering if it uses G19 magazines or those for the G17. If you don't have a G19 or a G17, please measure at least along the backstrap. As a reference, my G19 magazines measure almost exactly 4" from the bottom of the metal notch at the top to the bottom of the standard floor plate.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
SkipD said:
Mine came with the 10 round Glock mag, I seen on you tube that they use to come with a 17 round or something like that and I know you can still get 33 rnds for them as well.What is the length of the magazine? I'm wondering if it uses G19 magazines or those for the G17. If you don't have a G19 or a G17, please measure at least along the backstrap. As a reference, my G19 magazines measure almost exactly 4" from the bottom of the metal notch at the top to the bottom of the standard floor plate.

From what I see on arms list (click here) The sub 2000 should beable to use both?

Brand new 33 round 9mm mag for Glock or Keltec Sub 2000. This fits Glock models 17, 19, 26, 34 pistols and Keltec Sub 2000 Glock magazine carbines. Manufactured by KCI, this is a drop-free Glock magazine and has a hardened steel insert encased in high tech polymer (fully metal lined).

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Nomad said:
From what I see on arms list (click here) The sub 2000 should be able to use both?

Brand new 33 round 9mm mag for Glock or Keltec Sub 2000. This fits Glock models 17, 19, 26, 34 pistols and Keltec Sub 2000 Glock magazine carbines. Manufactured by KCI, this is a drop-free Glock magazine and has a hardened steel insert encased in high tech polymer (fully metal lined).

You could be mistaken by that ad for the 33-round magazine. IT will replace all of the other lengths of magazines. However, the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 may not accept the magazines that are shorter than some minimum-length version. I'll peruse Kel-Tec's web pages and see if they say what can or cannot be used.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
What I discovered is that the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 can be configured for several different magazine types. It can be set up for the Glock 17 or Glock 19 magazines, among others. If yours is set up for the Glock 17 magazine type (and if the G17 magazine does not stick out beyond the magazine well) then you cannot use G19 magazines. If the specs are correct, you can not use G26 magazines with the Sub 2000.

I can put G19, G17, or 33-round magazines in my G26.

I can put G17 or 33-round magazines in my G19 but cannot use G26 magazines in it.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
SkipD said:
What I discovered is that the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 can be configured for several different magazine types. It can be set up for the Glock 17 or Glock 19 magazines, among others. If yours is set up for the Glock 17 magazine type (and if the G17 magazine does not stick out beyond the magazine well) then you cannot use G19 magazines. If the specs are correct, you can not use G26 magazines with the Sub 2000.

I can put G19, G17, or 33-round magazines in my G26.

I can put G17 or 33-round magazines in my G19 but cannot use G26 magazines in it.

Mine is set up for the Glock 17 magazine type then because my magazine does not stick out beyond the magazine well, Sits right in there like a regular fit. Thanks for the info. ;D

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Nomad said:
Mine is set up for the Glock 17 magazine type then because my magazine does not stick out beyond the magazine well, Sits right in there like a regular fit. Thanks for the info. ;D
I presume you are using a known G17 magazine then. It should be longer than the 4" that I measured on my G19 magazines.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
SkipD said:
Nomad said:
I presume you are using a known G17 magazine then. It should be longer than the 4" that I measured on my G19 magazines.

I will have to check it out, I will get it out and measure it tonight, I need to know this before I spend $$ on 33 rounders. May go to the range tonight so far all I know is its an Glock polymer mag because it has the logo on the bottom. Least it feels like polymer?

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
The 33-round magazines will fit any of the 9mm Glocks and your carbine. The interchangeability problem only occurs when trying to use smaller magazines than the firearm can handle.