Interest in Professional Armorers course?

Faktory 47

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
3 year cert. Not FG/Cerberus

I can send his CV via email to anyone who's seriously interested in attending. Once we have a firm date and have secured a location, I'll post it up publicly.

Synopsis: multiple Colt certs, qualified armorer on numerous military platforms, former BCM employee, current master armorer for another company, prior military service, independent contractor in IRQ, maybe AFG? & anti-piracy deployments.

Performs these classes for civilians and LE Departments nationwide. Recently was in Atlanta to train APD, but they wouldn't allow civilian attendance. AZ POST Certified. Not sure if GA POST has been authorized. The dude is a wealth of knowledge. And the class leaves you feeling like you've had an information overload. He is a true subject matter expert.

Yeah, I know there's going to be crossover. But there are some folks here who can't post there and I didn't want to leave anyone out.

As far as what you can do with it, the first answer is that you can become your own expert. I know of at least one armorer for a well known Atlanta area shop that went to this class for real certification. But he was pretty well founded in hands on experience before attending. I don't know if it would open any new doors for someone totally outside of the industry, but it certainly wouldn't hurt for someone looking to make some side money helping out at their LGS. What you do with it is up to the student. No one's getting rich wrenching on AR's though.

More than anything, the cert is evidence of a higher degree of training and expertise. This is orders of magnitude more technical than a builders workshop and really digs into the technical aspects of the AR. The notes I sent you a while back were a very brief overview of the class. It was impossible to get it all down on paper my first time through.

PM sent

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I'm interested. The 3 year cert is the selling point, based on available info. Southside/Atl is good for me as well. Full disclosure would be the key. Converse me, I'll not reveal the details.
Full disclosure will be forthcoming. As I mentioned to another member, I just didn't want to start "advertising" a class until we had a date and location nailed down AND I knew there was sufficient interest. I should have some dates from him in the next day or so. From there, I've got to secure the location. Once that is all settled, I'll make a formal announcement in a new thread. I'll also have a full CV on the instructor, course agenda, tool list, etc available for distribution.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk offline if you'd like.

H

Hoss

I have no doubt that the training is with $400 but I am, admittedly, poor as fudge at the moment. My son's college tuition is killing my fun budget more than I care to admit.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Count me in.
Glad to hear it man.

Here's the deal. We're looking at the calendar now to get some possible dates. Also talking to one department tonight and a couple more tomorrow to see who is interested / willing to host and has a suitable classroom.

Once location and date has been nailed down, I will start a new thread with a formal announcement, specific details, links to class info and registration info.

Reactions: FatAlbert

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
UPDATE
Just talked to the instructor. He has reduced the course cost since I went through the class three years ago. My initial post was based on old information.

NEW COURSE COST IS $350

Generally because of this, there are no further discounts for military and LE.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
UPDATE
Just talked to the instructor. He has reduced the course cost since I went through the class three years ago. My initial post was based on old information.

NEW COURSE COST IS $350

Generally because of this, there are no further discounts for military and LE.
Bump for update above ^^^^^^

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
We're looking at the weekend of April 16th or 23rd.

Clayton County PD is out - no civilians.

Talking to Henry County PD tomorrow.

permaneo vox