Interest in Professional Armorers course?

Howard Law

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Hey guys, there's a good possibility that I'll be hosting (Not teaching) an AR15 Armorers Course later this year. The instructor is a highly qualified individual and the course would include a Certification from a Manufacturer. Course length will be 2 days, probably on a weekend. And cost would be in the neighborhood of $350 per student.

Sorry for the lack of details at this point, but we're working on securing a location and date at the moment. Until that is settled, I'd like to keep this general. Location will be on the South Side, either Henry or Clayton County.

So, with that basic information, would anyone here be interested in attending? We did this course 3 years ago and it was a very successful and highly educational weekend. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Course would require attendees to bring basic tools and their own AR to be completely disassembled and reassembled during the class.

Last edited:

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I'm just gonna be brutally honest. I'd be interested at maybe half that price. Maybe.

People "just following orders" are 100X more a threat than those taking entitlements.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Understood. And that's what you'd likely pay if the local range was going to put on a basic 4 hour, builders class. But you're not going to touch this level of training, much less a manufacturer certification for that price.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Understood. And that's what you'd likely pay if the local range was going to put on a basic 4 hour, builders class. But you're not going to touch this level of training, much less a manufacturer certification for that price.

As much as I play w/ AR's, I can't afford $400 bucks at the moment. Unless something changes in the near future. I just cant swing that kind of cash... Any military discounts?

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I understand completely. Just communicating where I'm at.

People "just following orders" are 100X more a threat than those taking entitlements.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
As much as I play w/ AR's, I can't afford $400 bucks at the moment. Unless something changes in the near future. I just cant swing that kind of cash... Any military discounts?
Not sure, but I can find out.
I understand completely. Just communicating where I'm at.

No problem man. I get it. The best comparison that I can make is that it's the difference between learning the basics of assembly, versus becoming your own expert. For some folks, it's worth it and for some it just isn't. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Strider12

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
1 year cert?

$400 sounds like High Caliber(Freedom Group/Cerberus). I took their class in 2010, M4 Armorer. Only a 1 year certificate though(even though not much has changes in the AR/M16 world).

Reactions: DarthVader

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
1 year cert?

$400 sounds like High Caliber(Freedom Group/Cerberus). I took their class in 2010, M4 Armorer. Only a 1 year certificate though(even though not much has changes in the AR/M16 world).
3 year cert. Not FG/Cerberus
$400 is a reasonable fee and there aren't a lot of AR armorers courses available to civilians.

What's the instructors credentials, if you can disclose?
I can send his CV via email to anyone who's seriously interested in attending. Once we have a firm date and have secured a location, I'll post it up publicly.

Synopsis: multiple Colt certs, qualified armorer on numerous military platforms, former BCM employee, current master armorer for another company, prior military service, independent contractor in IRQ, maybe AFG? & anti-piracy deployments.

Performs these classes for civilians and LE Departments nationwide. Recently was in Atlanta to train APD, but they wouldn't allow civilian attendance. AZ POST Certified. Not sure if GA POST has been authorized. The dude is a wealth of knowledge. And the class leaves you feeling like you've had an information overload. He is a true subject matter expert.

I think most of your maybes from dual members responded on the ODT.

Manufacturer cert? What manufacturer and what could you do with it on a limited basis? If you wanted, could this get you a gig?

Yeah, I know there's going to be crossover. But there are some folks here who can't post there and I didn't want to leave anyone out.

As far as what you can do with it, the first answer is that you can become your own expert. I know of at least one armorer for a well known Atlanta area shop that went to this class for real certification. But he was pretty well founded in hands on experience before attending. I don't know if it would open any new doors for someone totally outside of the industry, but it certainly wouldn't hurt for someone looking to make some side money helping out at their LGS. What you do with it is up to the student. No one's getting rich wrenching on AR's though.

More than anything, the cert is evidence of a higher degree of training and expertise. This is orders of magnitude more technical than a builders workshop and really digs into the technical aspects of the AR. The notes I sent you a while back were a very brief overview of the class. It was impossible to get it all down on paper my first time through.

Reactions: freedom

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Can someone donate the $400 please? Would love to go, BUT kid funds wont allow it. Maybe a Go Fund Me account is in the near future...
There will be enough lead time to set aside some funds. Knowing your current level of knowledge, you would love the class. And congrats on the baby man!

Reactions: Wallace

permaneo vox