Hypothetical

Howard Law

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Re: Re: Hypothetical

BeyondTheBox said:
lws380 said:
Neither. I would get a Seecamp (and I did x3). Not a SAO, but well under your height and length requirements. .32 & .380 are both th same size. THE ULTIMATE POCKET GUN.

Sorry man, SAO is mandatory for me. I cannot shoot a double action accurate enough to hit what I'm aiming at and I hate them passionately. Trust me, I've looked at the Seacamp and many others.

There's also the Robaugh mini 9mm which would fit my dimensions but not other needs.

I think you missed the point tho. I stated, if left with only these two options for some stupid unforseen reason, no matter how outlandish it may be (point of hypothetical) which of these two only would you choose...? Still curious.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I did not miss the point that is why I mentioned the Seecamps are not SAO. I just chose to somewhat ignore the point and offer some good options for maybe some others that are not limited to SAO. I like mukwah's idea of both too. Love those New York reloads. Maybe carry a fixed blade knife too, in case you miss if you have to throw the empty guns at the perp. This thread has made me grateful that I can shoot (accurately) and carry just about anything I want. And I use the New York reload option daily.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Lol

Some of you guys keep trying to bring logic into this and you're defeating the purpose and circumventing around actually being helpful with your answers, no matter how much i've enjoyed them. Hahaha

... But to those that played along, thanks for your replies and thoughts. Confirms my decision.

M

mukwah

OK, so this was a hypothetical situation to confirm reality based decision, right? What was the decision? :-\

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest

mukwah said:
OK, so this was a hypothetical situation to confirm reality based decision, right? What was the decision? :-

Thought I already stated, but it was the 25.

Let alone the faster shot followup & better accuracy, the math makes it less an opinion and more a fact as to which is better.

If you have 8 rounds of 50gr (400gr) and only 2 rounds of 115 or even 124... just seems logical.

You can do the math on overall energy as well, I've yet to but I'd guess it too sports the 25 auto as the superior choice in this scenario.

I don't know man, in the end it's easy to justify what you want simply because you want it. Lol

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
My fear in this whole thing is that I would shoot somebody several times with a .25 and then they would get real mad and shoot me with a real gun. ;D

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest

bigdogdaddy said:
My fear in this whole thing is that I would shoot somebody several times with a .25 and then they would get real mad and shoot me with a real gun. ;D

Can't say it hasn't happened, has with 9mm too... just saying. Seems to me that people tend to severely overestimate caliber difference and capabilities. But to each their own and may we never see a day that a one is necessary.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
As a wise man once said, be sure to bring a gun to a gun fight. That said, at the minimum, any gun will do. Gunfights, however, are not math or target contests. There will be a lot of screaming, running, cursing, falling down, hiding behind anything handy, shooting quickly, adrenaline crazy, tunnel vision, BANG! BANG! BANG!.

You might shoot somebody. You might not. Hopefully you will shoot the right somebody if you have to. Pays to practice. A lot.

There are instances in which the BG has taken multiple shots with decent caliber weapons and still walks to the ambulance.

For me, the best gun is the one I have available, and beyond that the one I can shoot the most accurately without thinking about it. I want it to be a respectable caliber if possible. Therefore, I don't arm myself with .22, .25, .32 or similar caliber guns. A .380 with modern self-defense ammunition is the least caliber I want to use.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest

mayonardo said:
A .380 with modern self-defense ammunition is the least caliber I want to use.

For me 9mm is the least I WANT to use, but sometimes, at least in my llife, wants don't align with ability. And as you state, I'd rather it be something than nothing. Thus I am left in these rare occasions with the two aforementioned options for CCW.

I'm not saying I like it, I hate it in fact, but circumstance doesn't care.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
New blood in the house. I love it. I had a Beretta .32 alley cat that was my first carry gun for 5 years. Shot great, and I still think that I would trust it. It always put the bullets where I wanted them to go.....so.... I guess that I would choose the Beretta 25 from your choices. My point is ...whats the point? Get an LCP. I like the way all the "old guys" and the newbie have been towards each other verbally. This is a very rare forum gents. ;)

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest

framedcraig1 said:
New blood in the house. I love it. I had a Beretta .32 alley cat that was my first carry gun for 5 years. Shot great, and I still think that I would trust it. It always put the bullets where I wanted them to go.....so.... I guess that I would choose the Beretta 25 from your choices. My point is ...whats the point? Get an LCP. I like the way all the "old guys" and the newbie have been towards each other verbally. This is a very rare forum gents. ;)

Tried the LCP gave it to a buddy. Trust me I wish I could shoot DAO triggers, it would expand my options so greatly I wouldn't have had to ask and would still have my LCP or a micro desert Eagle.

M

mukwah

BTB, the next gun that dosen't work out for you I'd be glad to help you out and take it off your hands!I mean, we're kinda like forum buddy's now and,.....you know......just saying!! ;)

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest

mukwah said:
BTB, the next gun that dosen't work out for you I'd be glad to help you out and take it off your hands!I mean, we're kinda like forum buddy's now and,.....you know......just saying!! ;)

Lol

You're on the list! Hahaha

I have given quite a few of my watches and guns away actually, now that I think of it.

6 watches
5 or 6 guns

I don't really like the idea of selling used items because I feel liable if anything goes wrong with it and responsible for selling something that could be considered a lemon even if it was perfectly fine when I had it.

Tarheel

Hunter
...hey, put me on the list just below MW. I like watches, guns, knives. pens, British roadsters...all the guy stuff ;D. My lovely spouse disagrees to some extent, as she prefers paintings (can't eat them, shoot them, drive them, etc...what's the deal?), hormones (go figure), clothes...lots ( I need three outfits, including underwear, to make it. I figure that's what the washer and dryer are all about), quiche, tofo and related non-edible cuisine (gottal love this crap...give me meat and taters anytime), pansies (I love Mother Nature's natural weeds...they go with the landscape)...better trip off, as she may see this post...and well, the doghouse ain't too inviting as of this post.

To each his/her own, in all respect.

Tarheel

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest

Tarheel said:
...hey, put me on the list just below MW. I like watches, guns, knives. pens, British roadsters...all the guy stuff ;D . My lovely spouse disagrees to some extent, as she prefers paintings (can't eat them, shoot them, drive them, etc...what's the deal?), hormones (go figure), clothes...lots ( I need three outfits, including underwear, to make it. I figure that's what the washer and dryer are all about), quiche, tofo and related non-edible cuisine (gottal love this crap...give me meat and taters anytime), pansies (I love Mother Nature's natural weeds...they go with the landscape)...better trip off, as she may see this post...and well, the doghouse ain't too inviting as of this post.

To each his/her own, in all respect.

Tarheel

Hahahahha

You're a hoot, you all are. I won't lie, I'm an art lover, any form of artistic self-expression. Have many paintings around my house, mostly my grandmother's stuff and some of my dad's photography.