Help me pick a trigger

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I am going to start gathering parts for my SET lower after Christmas. I have most things decided but could use some help.

I want a flat trigger, I don’t care if it is super crisp or light as long as it is reliable and no worse than a mil-spec trigger. I would rather not spend end of fortune if I can avoid it. I obvious know of gieselle, CMC, etc.... but are there any smaller companies with a good flat trigger for an AR?

The other question is buffer tubes, I am going to use a BCM stock but I don’t know now much about the different options in buffer tubes. I don’t need a super long LOP and the basic tube I have fits me fine. Is it really worth buying a A5 (I think it’s called) or similar tube?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I've had a couple Rise Armament Triggers I've really liked. If you shop around I think you can find them for $100. The flat trigger might run a bit more. Compared to the Geissele GS2, The Rise Armament seemed to actually break cleaner, and seems very robust.
http://www.primaryarms.com/rise-armament-high-performance-trigger-black-ra-434-blk

I've never had an issue with, or found a reason not to use the standard buffer tube so no help here.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlMedic

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
The POF and Rise are $100ish and have a good reputation. I've never owned either but wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

I have a straight CMC in one of my rifles and it is pretty nice. I think they go for a tad bit more than $100 - $140ish if I recall?

I bought my CMC on sale a year ago even though some folks hate on the cassette style triggers. I found out later that Frank Proctor has put one through the paces in his BCM rifle and found no faults.

For me - if I planned on keeping the rifle for a while then I'd spend the extra $ on the CMC or ... really treat yourself and step up to the Geissele Super Dynamic 3-Gun (my fave).

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I am going to start gathering parts for my SET lower after Christmas. I have most things decided but could use some help.

I want a flat trigger, I don’t care if it is super crisp or light as long as it is reliable and no worse than a mil-spec trigger. I would rather not spend end of fortune if I can avoid it. I obvious know of gieselle, CMC, etc.... but are there any smaller companies with a good flat trigger for an AR?

The other question is buffer tubes, I am going to use a BCM stock but I don’t know now much about the different options in buffer tubes. I don’t need a super long LOP and the basic tube I have fits me fine. Is it really worth buying a A5 (I think it’s called) or similar tube?
I think the cmc IS the smaller company lol... Those things are cheap

Reactions: AtlMedic

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
The CMC triggers are very well known in the industry. I have 2. They are good triggers.

The elf triggers are stellar if looking to spend more money. Triggertech also has their AR triggers out now. I would expect them to be absolutely phenomenal.

Geissele triggers don't quite do it for me. I have one of their higher end 2 stages and I'm not overly impressed. Can't remember the exact model off the top of my head. They are not bad triggers, and certainly have a good name, but I feel the drop in units out now are superior.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I'm running the Geissele SSA triggers in all my general purpose carbines. I pre-ordered some of their new single-stage triggers for a couple of my precision AR's, but they haven't come in yet.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
AtlMedic, you pick up a trigger yet? I have an unused Hiperfire 24 3Gun trigger. Long story short, got offered about a 50% discount on a single trigger and bought this one. Squirrelled it away and have never used it. I want all my carbines to have the same trigger, and I prefer a 2-stage in my general purpose carbines, so I honestly don't see me ever using it. It's yours for $120, I'll install it for free if you'd like. If you wanna put it in yourself, I'll mail it for $120 shipped.

https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouch243g/

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
AtlMedic, you pick up a trigger yet? I have an unused Hiperfire 24 3Gun trigger. Long story short, got offered about a 50% discount on a single trigger and bought this one. Squirrelled it away and have never used it. I want all my carbines to have the same trigger, and I prefer a 2-stage in my general purpose carbines, so I honestly don't see me ever using it. It's yours for $120, I'll install it for free if you'd like. If you wanna put it in yourself, I'll mail it for $120 shipped.

Nice!

crunch time

Scout
Apr 23, 2017
326 Eagle View Drive, Monticello, Georgia
Zip code
I have heard real good things about the victory triggers for the AR. The owner worked for Timney for years. They have the flat as well as curved models, down to about 3 lbs. Midsouth shooters supply normally has them for around $149. I am going to put one in my AR 10, and into a AR 15 that I am going to build this year.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code

Solid deal right there

Reactions: dial1911

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I'm running the Geissele SSA triggers in all my general purpose carbines. I pre-ordered some of their new single-stage triggers for a couple of my precision AR's, but they haven't come in yet.
Ive got an SSA in my sbr, its an excellent trigger. I also shot their new single stage well over a year ago. It was very light and crisp. I was able to bump fire it from the shoulder lol

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

That is really tempting. I really want a flat trigger but that is a good deal. I have to wait till next payday before I would have the cash. Let me think on it and I will let you know then, if you still have it.