Help Me Build a Badass Go To War AR-15

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Let's say I'm building a go to war, badass AR-15. I've got the upper, lower, trigger, muzzle break/flash hider, barrel, LPK rail, buffer, etc. selected. However I need recommendations on a few key parts.

If you were a manufacturer and you wanted to build the baddest ass, go to war AR-15, what parts listed below would you choose to use?

• Stock

• Sights

• Grip

*no Magpul crap... I'm over that.
First, to answer your questions, I'd recommend the following:

Stock: B5 Systems SOPMOD or SOPMOD Bravo stocks. The BCM Gunfighter stock has been tested and shown to be very strong, but I don't like the adjustment method.

Grip: BCM Gunfighter mod1 or mod3, depending on what size you prefer. I like the Mod3. The magpul MOE or MOE+ are my preference and pretty ubiquitous, but you said no Magpul.

Sights: KAC 200-600m adjustable buis, KAC micro front, Magpul MBUS Pro or DD fixed front and rear.

Now, with that being said, this is a great topic for discussion. Primarily because you've asked us for opinions on furniture for a "go to war gun". When I opened this thread, I expected to see a discussion on more important hardware, like the barrel, bcg and rail. The items you asked about, aside from the sights, are usually way down the priority list for a hard use AR. You may as well ask us what brand of peanut butter is better? I'm curious, what parts have you already chosen for the build?

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
First, to answer your questions, I'd recommend the following:

Stock: B5 Systems SOPMOD or SOPMOD Bravo stocks. The BCM Gunfighter stock has been tested and shown to be very strong, but I don't like the adjustment method.

Grip: BCM Gunfighter mod1 or mod3, depending on what size you prefer. I like the Mod3. The magpul MOE or MOE+ are my preference and pretty ubiquitous, but you said no Magpul.

Sights: KAC 200-600m adjustable buis, KAC micro front, Magpul MBUS Pro or DD fixed front and rear.

Now, with that being said, this is a great topic for discussion. Primarily because you've asked us for opinions on furniture for a "go to war gun". When I opened this thread, I expected to see a discussion on more important hardware, like the barrel, bcg and rail. The items you asked about, aside from the sights, are usually way down the priority list for a hard use AR. You may as well ask us what brand of peanut butter is better? I'm curious, what parts have you already chosen for the build?

Now here's a smart man that can see past the veil a bit. :)

Actually I'm asking for a friend that is creating a go to war style gun to be marketed and everything has been created but the furniture - this why I was inquiring.

I can't give you any details, but it will be a cool build and marketed well when it comes out. As soon as I have clearance, I will share.

Reactions: DarthVader

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Now here's a smart man that can see past the veil a bit. :)

Actually I'm asking for a friend that is creating a go to war style gun to be marketed and everything has been created but the furniture - this why I was inquiring.

I can't give you any details, but it will be a cool build and marketed well when it comes out. As soon as I have clearance, I will share.
Now we're getting somewhere! If we're talking about a potential production gun, the scenario changes a bit. Obviously, you'd want to be careful about using a competitors products. Which is why Magpul furniture is so popular. I'd think you'd also want the grip and stock to be from the same manufacturer, in order to avoid a hodge podge of parts and give the gun a more "factory" feel.

Revised:
Stock: B5 systems SOPMOD, SOPMOD Bravo or Vltor

Grip: B5 Systems PGrip - matches stock options

Sights: KAC 2-600m rear and micro front (these are military issued, so they aren't necessarily identified solely with kac) and they are very high quality.

MBUS Pros are also high quality, but may be excluded based on the "no Magpul" rule

Troy folding or fixed. But only with the M4 profile front. None of that silly HK style, round hood stuff.

One last thing. If your friend wanted to really differentiate his product, he might want to look into the Vltor A5 buffer system as well.