Held a Ruger 1911..

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I don't know if these are still hard to come by or not but if you can stomach the condescending attitude and likely a bit of a mark up (and live in or near Louisville, KY), Shooters Supply has a SR1911 on their shelf. $740.

R

rayzer007

yz9890 said:
I don't know if these are still hard to come by or not but if you can stomach the condescending attitude and likely a bit of a mark up (and live in or near Louisville, KY), Shooters Supply has a SR1911 on their shelf. $740.

I am constantly amazed by the "attitude" of gun store clerks. Who do they think they are impressing; 'cause it ain't me! :-\

Ray

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
rayzer007 said:
yz9890 said:

I am constantly amazed by the "attitude" of gun store clerks. Who do they think they are impressing; 'cause it ain't me! :-

Ray

I usually steer clear but was killing time waiting for my watch repair guy nearby to finish up. I'm about to order a mid-length PSA AR so I asked a clerk to show me what mid AR's they had. of course his response was "you don't want a mid length carbine". apparently he thought I asked for his opinion. I just said "never mind".

M

mukwah

Unfortunately there aren't an over abundance of gun stores in my area but I am lucky that most of them have customer friendly salespeople! Southern Hospitality I guess!! ;)

R

rayzer007

I went in the Buffalo Gun Center the other day. Said, "Hi Andy" to one of the guys coming out of the back room. One of the old jerk salesman at the counter snarled, "My name's not Andy". I said, "Well good for you; ............ but I was talking to somebody else!"

They would make 3x the money they make, but for their constant wise remarks. Fortunately, they're not the only game in town! I look there, and buy someplace else.

Ray

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
I hate all of you folks in an enlightened state who can even buy one of these. ;)

Seriously, as posted in this thread earlier, I wish I could have the chance to at least look at one and decide if I want to buy it. I moved here originally for work (and wasn't real happy about that), but now SWMBO has decided she loves it here and doesn't want to ever move. :eek:

Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer who can get me all my pension, 401K, guns, house, accumulated goods, etc., without sharing? ;) ;D

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
RICHGCOOP said:
Fred, When you dream you might as well dream big. It don't cost any more. LOL

RICHGCOOP

Yes, you're right Rich, it is a big dream. Unfortunately, I wake up and realize that it was just a dream. :(

But, hey, you can't blame a guy for trying. ;)

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Fred said:
I hate all of you folks in an enlightened state who can even buy one of these. ;)

Seriously, as posted in this thread earlier, I wish I could have the chance to at least look at one and decide if I want to buy it. I moved here originally for work (and wasn't real happy about that), but now SWMBO has decided she loves it here and doesn't want to ever move. :eek:

Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer who can get me all my pension, 401K, guns, house, accumulated goods, etc., without sharing? ;) ;D

LOL. Been there and done that regarding the need for an attorney. Fortunately the now Ex-wife has a career of her own, a separate pension, 401K and enough of her own money. She didn't want the house, or the other one either, so I kept both. She kept her money and I kept mine and we walked.