Held a Ruger 1911..

Faktory 47

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Okay...so I pick up my .22 breakdown yesterday at Sportsman Warehouse in Provo. Love the rifle!!. Saw a 1911 hanging on the wall behind the sales rep, and asked him to hand it over. Boy....that is a gorgeous pistol. Balance is perfect. Love the color on the slide. They were asking $699. That about what they are going for ?! Someday....

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
RugerSR1911RightSideNumberXd-1.jpg

I picked up a Ruger SR1911 for $549.99, back in May. It still hasn't made it out to a gun range. Too many things going on to find the time.

I’d been keeping my eye out for another 1911 and although it was viewed as a Mythological Creature by several other folks, I’d actually seen a couple. They were for the most part on their way out the door though. This particular store caters to Police and they’re on the “list”.

RugerSR1911Left.jpg

They’d gotten 6 in that morning. By 3:330 there was one left in the display. Ruger lists Suggested Retail as $799.99; I can do that sort of math. It followed me home.

Keep shopping around.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
BillIsleofPalms8-7-20122.jpg

Busy as in hanging out on the beach this weekend at the Isle of Palms, near Charleston. It’s a 2 hour drive, from my house, but I decided to spend the night at a Holiday Inn in Mt. Pleasant. A lady friend and I were doing the Tourist thing.

Charleston8-58-6201218.jpg

Loads of sand and blue sky, with great waves. Of course I was packing a Ruger LCP .380, just in case. The 1911 was back at home in the safe.

Next trip, some swimming is going to happen. The LCP will probably be in the glove box.

M

mukwah

Held a couple owned by friends, never shot one, sure would love to have one! Or better yet, two with consecutive serial numbers ( one for my grandson)

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I hold one all the time and if I could find one for $550 like has been posted I would buy all they would let me have. I have not seen any near that cheap. I have barely seen any at any cost.