Faktory 47

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Thanks @TylerDurden for posting. I've sent this one in on several different links. Looking forward to the day I can walk in and walk out with my new can.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
kind of strange that the manufacturers would be fighting so hard for this...it significantly lowers the barriers of entry for other manufacturers into their field. it would also probably drive down the market price of their products by 50% or more.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
kind of strange that the manufacturers would be fighting so hard for this...it significantly lowers the barriers of entry for other manufacturers into their field. it would also probably drive down the market price of their products by 50% or more.

But the quantity sold would sky rocket. I have no cans right now, if I didn't have to deal with the stamp I'd have several.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
But the quantity sold would sky rocket. I have no cans right now, if I didn't have to deal with the stamp I'd have several.
Agreed. The cost of the stamp along with the high price point for a suppressor has kept me out the game so far.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code

The only barriers to silencer manufacturing is equipment, skilled labor, and capital. I have the license and tax paid to manufacturer silencers but lack 3/3.

Don't expect to see silencers drop 50%. Silencers are expensive to make. Ti is expensive. Machines are expensive. CNC programming and operating is expensive. Silencers aren't like guns. The manufacturer usually makes every single component.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
The only barriers to silencer manufacturing is equipment, skilled labor, and capital. I have the license and tax paid to manufacturer silencers but lack 3/3.

Don't expect to see silencers drop 50%. Silencers are expensive to make. Ti is expensive. Machines are expensive. CNC programming and operating is expensive. Silencers aren't like guns. The manufacturer usually makes every single component.
I will work for guns, ammo, and suppressors. When you get ready

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code

true but aren't they much cheaper in European countries with no special taxes? maybe the construction is not of the same quality and materials but I've heard that they are in the 200€ range.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I would see sales sky rocketing.

I hope the tax goes away.

Make it as a background required accessory.

If this does pass and they get what they are pushing for all the tax stamps will get returned. We can all hope and dream that this gets passed. I would love to be able to walk out with a suppressor from the store.

DoglegArms

Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
true but aren't they much cheaper in European countries with no special taxes? maybe the construction is not of the same quality and materials but I've heard that they are in the 200€ range.

I don't know about European cans. You can get a quality center fire can in the $500s here. I don't think cans are overpriced now but that's all relative. There was a time you're average person couldn't afford a silencer.

DoglegArms

Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I would see sales sky rocketing.

I hope the tax goes away.

Make it as a background required accessory.

If this does pass and they get what they are pushing for all the tax stamps will get returned. We can all hope and dream that this gets passed. I would love to be able to walk out with a suppressor from @DoglegArms house.

FTFY. I know that's what you meant.

Reactions: Cudruln