Handgun Competition....are You Doing It?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Do you participate in organized competitive handgun matches?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Just curious how many of you are competitive handgun shooters and in what disciplines? What made you chose said discipline and what kind of equipment are you using?

Personally, I have been shooting US Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) competition for more than 10 years, although not as much the last few due to family obligations. I run a G34 in Production Division and a RIA 1911 in 9mm for Single Stack Division.

I as much as anyone else understand there is a difference between training and competition, but in terms of developing put gun handling skills, simulating stress, and developing the ability to be fast and accurate under that stress there may be no better forum to do so than competitive shooting.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I'd like to get into something like this but between work life/military life/side business machine shop and most importantly family life; just cant find the time in the day expect for the 4ish hours a week that I make it out to the range

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
Well, I personally do not want everyone asking me how I do it.

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
[QUOTE="HOG2K]Well, I personally do not want everyone asking me how I do it.

[/QUOTE]
How so?

Last edited by a moderator:

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
How so you ask? Well, if I tell everyone how to do it then everyone would be as good as me.. : ) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Dirtbike.... in time you will start to understand my sarcasm .

I contemplated on whether I should post that or not, and I thought, Oh what the heck, this is as good a time to show my sarcasm as any :)

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
Lol the joys of text hahahahahaha, no worries boss this boy has got some thick skin; post away lol. I was up to my ass in metal in the shop last night and tired as hell, by the way my wife told me the same thing when we first got married I still have a hard time picking up her sarcasm hahahahahaha:)