Gun Owners Have You Taken Training?

Howard Law

Have you ever taken any gun training (as defined in the thread)?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I have never taken any training. I have been shooting guns since I was a small child though. Although, training is not a bad idea. I have taught myself to be situationally aware of my surroundings. I try to avoid any place that could get me in trouble.

Ditto,had gun in my hand since 8. Mostly a hunter here. Not a pro shooter but I am aware of my surroundings all the time.Guess it has to do with all the years on the road in strage big scary liberal cities. Want to take a course, but a procrastinator most times.

Reactions: sam

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Took a bit when I shot for HK briefly out of college. Aside from that it was just daily shooting on the farm. I got an air rifle when I was 3 or 4 and slept with it in my bed every night. I'd love to take some classes from a pro, but I read and watch a lot of training type videos. I do need to work on muscle memory and putting technique to practice more than I can at the range.

Aug 12, 2015
PA
Took a bit when I shot for HK briefly out of college. Aside from that it was just daily shooting on the farm. I got an air rifle when I was 3 or 4 and slept with it in my bed every night. I'd love to take some classes from a pro, but I read and watch a lot of training type videos. I do need to work on muscle memory and putting technique to practice more than I can at the range.
I think taking a class from a legitimate trainer who teaches you how to FIGHT with a gun, rather than just marksmanship makes ALL the difference. As I said earlier in the thread, I went to Fighting Pistol from Tactical Response and it literally changed my whole outlook on life, my role, and gave me so much actionable information on how I can improve. I can't recommend it enough. It really is a game changer, as is most of the quality instruction out there. I find that in general, the more you think you don't need that kind of training, the more you do. I'm not calling anyone out in this thread....i'm just saying that I totally overestimated my skill and readiness and correct mindset before I got REAL training. It's a whole other level.

Reactions: TattooedGunner

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I took a private pistol course with a former Academi employee 6 years ago. It's time for a refresher.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
I think taking a class from a legitimate trainer who teaches you how to FIGHT with a gun, rather than just marksmanship makes ALL the difference. As I said earlier in the thread, I went to Fighting Pistol from Tactical Response and it literally changed my whole outlook on life, my role, and gave me so much actionable information on how I can improve. I can't recommend it enough. It really is a game changer, as is most of the quality instruction out there. I find that in general, the more you think you don't need that kind of training, the more you do. I'm not calling anyone out in this thread....i'm just saying that I totally overestimated my skill and readiness and correct mindset before I got REAL training. It's a whole other level.

Yup, there is a lot of truth in the saying "You don't know what you don't know." Marksmanship is so little of it. Most of the mindset stuff you can get off of the internet, but being there in person is a lot different and sticks with you a lot better.

Bullfrog81

Hunter
Aug 31, 2015
Acworth
I have taken basis pistol from protective measures. Taken tactical rifle twice from Coup de main. Scheduled for tactical rifle 2 with coup de main the 12th of September. Training is necessary and addictive.

Reactions: EugenFJR