Gun Owners Have You Taken Training?

Howard Law

Have you ever taken any gun training (as defined in the thread)?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Quick poll and would love to hear the discussion as to why or why not... How many people own a gun but yet hasn't ever taken any gun training? (By "gun training" I don't mean an NRA Sfety course or a standard CCW license course, I'm referring to fighting handgun or fighting rifle training or "force on force" diminution training?)

Billieco

Hunter
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cumming Georgia
www.gearcraftholsters.com
Zip code
Took the basic pistol class at Ironclad firearm training and have signed up for combat handgun next. Basic class was bad ass! I knew a lot but learned a lot as well. Shot from cover, on my back, side, knees,multiple targets and a bunch of other cool stuff that I had never done. Can't wait for the next level.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I took a self defense pistol course with Monte at Protective Measures. I'd like to do another as well as a carbine course.

Reactions: Gunsite Grad
H

Hoss

I've taken dozens of classes over the years but haven't in some time. I guess I'm spoiled by having my own range now.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Did some classes with an HK instructor a number of years ago, but nothing since.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
I have never taken any training. I have been shooting guns since I was a small child though. Although, training is not a bad idea. I have taught myself to be situationally aware of my surroundings. I try to avoid any place that could get me in trouble.

Reactions: sam

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Participated in Basic Pistol class at 4G Tactical. This is when I had some issues with my shoulder the last hour of the class was hand to hand self defense. I could really only watch, but I learned a few cool things. I want to do more , just have to get my shoulder fixed.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
I took 2 day Defensive Pistol Skills from the Chattanooga instructor for Suarez International. Also attended 2 "alumni" days. A little bit less formal, but one day was focused one 1 handed shooting and the other shooting on the move.

Really want to take a force on force class.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I took a Carbine " train the trainer" carbine course given by Aimpoint, and 2 other courses from instructors from Eotech & Trijicon... Also took the Army advanced pistol and rifle course and Army Squad Designated Marksman course.... But as one of my instructors said, "Learning is a journey, not a destination." So If I have the time and the money I'm always open to new training opportunities.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I have never taken a gun training course. But it is something I have heavily considered. I will try to make one next year, as I am always ready for further advancement.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
If someone has land, I'll teach a Carbine course, I need about 200 meters of flat ground. And if anyone has a place I'll do a free 4 hour indoor class, I just need tables, a screen and someplace to put my power point CD to run...

Aug 12, 2015
PA
I took fighting pistol from Tactical Response. It was a huge eye opener. It really doesn't count, but I did take the NRA pistol instructor certification, which means I probably know which end of the gun the metal thingys come out ;-)