Glock vs 1911: The battle for the quietest host

American Revival Apparel Company

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Glock vs 1911: The battle for the quietest host

glock11-150x150.png

Continue reading the original Southeast Traders article.

Last edited by a moderator:

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I'll second the write up compliment- well done.

Now one question- I don't know if it's been tested or not, but how does the action noise compare between the 1911 and G21 when the slide is cycled? Just curious if there's any difference there (certainly not in the 130 decibel range, at least I wouldn't think so).

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I'll second the write up compliment- well done.

Now one question- I don't know if it's been tested or not, but how does the action noise compare between the 1911 and G21 when the slide is cycled? Just curious if there's any difference there (certainly not in the 130 decibel range, at least I wouldn't think so).
Hmmm, I guess that would be intersting, but action noise is only a small part of it all. Probably more to do with how the gas escapes the chamber.

Reactions: rOmiLaYu

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Not saying your wrong, but what kind of problems? So far they've been fine in my hosts. Now I did have a Storm Lake comp'd barrel in a G30 that had to be fitted- it would function, but the slide would not quite return fully into battery.

It's cool man, my cousin owns a gun range down south... I have been there and personally seen guys shoot cans off using Lone Wolf barrels. (maybe they have improved but years ago they had issues with their thread depth)

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
It's cool man, my cousin owns a gun range down south... I have been there and personally seen guys shoot cans off using Lone Wolf barrels. (maybe they have improved but years ago they had issues with their thread depth)

Gotcha. While I was waiting on my first can damn near every threaded barrel was out of stock. I ended up with Lone Wolf barrels for the G17, G26, and G34. Then after getting the can I found out the G34 is way too front heavy. And the G26 is just plain silly.

Later I couldn't find a barrel for my G21 and ended up with a Storm Lake. Little nicer fit and finish than the LW barrels, but not worth nearly double the price.

Now if I could just find a dang threaded barrel for the Sig Tac Ops that wasn't half the price of my other hosts...

Reactions: HuskyLab

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Gotcha. While I was waiting on my first can damn near every threaded barrel was out of stock. I ended up with Lone Wolf barrels for the G17, G26, and G34. Then after getting the can I found out the G34 is way too front heavy. And the G26 is just plain silly.

Later I couldn't find a barrel for my G21 and ended up with a Storm Lake. Little nicer fit and finish than the LW barrels, but not worth nearly double the price.

Now if I could just find a dang threaded barrel for the Sig Tac Ops that wasn't half the price of my other hosts...

I run a factory T/B in my G19 & my FNP-T....

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Great job OP!