GHB's vs BOB's

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
What do you keep in your BOB that you wouldn't keep in your GHB?
Also, what do rotate in/out of each one? Clothes, food?

I don't keep a cook set in my GHB like I do my BOB. My BOB has a more extensive first aid kit, food, water, and ammo.
I just rotate the pants and thermals to shorts and tshirt in the summer. my boots/socks stay regardless. I found a new pack I bought from REI clearance, Kelty Redwing 50. pretty light pack. feels more comfy to carry than my Condor 3 day assault pack. my GHB is more tools. metal cutters, knife, saw.

Last edited:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I don't know, but I really need to make one of each.

How much was that Kelty? I was looking at the Peregrine 1800 as an EDC bag.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
This is what I have at the moment, its more of a hybrid BOB, GHB... I need a better pack, as the one I have all my stuff in is a cheap give away bag.
031.jpg

Reactions: Shemp

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
In the unlikely event I decide to BO, I'm going to most likely be in a vehicle, and have several BOB's and ammo cans. Essentially I'm taking all of our important documents, family photos and heirloom type items, as much water as we have (I try to keep at least 20 gallons of water in 5 gal jugs on hand) my three buckets of Wise dehydrated food, all 3 BOB's with first aid kits, fire starting materials, batteries, radios, the remainder of all of our pet food, three 5 gallon cans of gas, some spare clothes and shoes, and enough ammunition to finish a war...oh, and all of the rest of our feminine hygiene products.
The car has a trunk big enough to hold it too.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
In the unlikely event I decide to BO, I'm going to most likely be in a vehicle, and have several BOB's and ammo cans. Essentially I'm taking all of our important documents, family photos and heirloom type items, as much water as we have (I try to keep at least 20 gallons of water in 5 gal jugs on hand) my three buckets of Wise dehydrated food, all 3 BOB's with first aid kits, fire starting materials, batteries, radios, the remainder of all of our pet food, three 5 gallon cans of gas, some spare clothes and shoes, and enough ammunition to finish a war...oh, and all of the rest of our feminine hygiene products.

you wouldn't want to be left without your tampons

Reactions: Laufen

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code

I keep that stuff in the basement all on shelves next to the safe. god forbid we have to load it all and leave in a hurry. I buy woman hygiene products at the dollar store for cheap. keep that shit stocked up!!

Reactions: Laufen

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
My GHB is my BOB.

I figure if its time to BO,we screwed. I`m holding the fort.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
My bags are combined. Because I travel so much for work and I have no idea where I may be if/when shtf happens.

If I get some time this weekend I will strip it down and take some pics of all my junk.

Reactions: erkinator 2

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I hear ya. my GHB is specifically for getting home. keep as light as possible. my BOB is built a lot different.

I know mine can be tweaked some. Worked on it a little more at start of winter. My problem now is since I moved I am now 100 ,miles from work. Thats a long walk if cars stop working

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
I know mine can be tweaked some. Worked on it a little more at start of winter. My problem now is since I moved I am now 100 ,miles from work. Thats a long walk if cars stop working

at that point, I think you grab some douche in the office you hate and force him at gunpoint to carry it for the 100 miles. LOL

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I just bought a new bag at the PX at Ft. Knox.... The problem is, I like the bag so much, I dont want to make it my GHB/BOB truck bag. I also bought some uber cool Oakley gloves, that fit my little T-rex hands perfectly.

Reactions: jloneill17

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
My bags are combined. Because I travel so much for work and I have no idea where I may be if/when shtf happens.

If I get some time this weekend I will strip it down and take some pics of all my junk.

We're still waiting on pics of your junk... :)

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I have not forgot about yall. Between being slammed at work, I am having some medical issues that had limited me getting around. As soon as I get over this crap I will get it out of the truck.

Reactions: EugenFJR

Lurker66

Hunter
May 16, 2016
Tecumseh Ok
Zip code
Here's my typical "do all" bag.

A

Well I guess I need to read up on posting pics.

Attachments

• 20160208_124851.jpg
    20160208_124851.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 10

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
So guess what I finally did tonight before the vacation trip to the beach. I went through the bag and even snapped some pics. I will get something written up and get everything uploaded this week why I am lounging by the pool/beach.

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
So I was finally able to dig my ghb out from the truck and get some pics of it before I brought it with me on vacation.

Things to keep in mind. I keep a wreck bag (minimum of 5 days of clothes) with me at all times, so I do not keep clothes in the ghb. Also there are a few tools (axe, hand saw, etc) that I would be grabbing from my work truck before I had to ditch it. With that being said feel free to critique any and everything.

The bag. Generic tacticool looking bag of good quality that I picked up from a gun show some years back. I have been pleased with it for what I use it for. It has ample amount of storage and carries well for me. 20160529_215020.jpg

2. Small outside lower pouch. A couple different options for starting a fire. A roll of paracord. A compass, multitool and back up blade. Small items from the mre packs. 2 backup 17 round mags for the edc 9c. The esee ls rides on the outside of the bag 20160529_215130.jpg

More to come.......

Reactions: AirOpsMgr