GHB's vs BOB's

Howard Law

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I just picked up a new bag actually. REI had a deal for members to get 20% off and free shipping on top of any existing deals.

Since its more of a get home I keep granola bars and crap, no full meals, a couple water bottles, and mostly clothes/tools otherwise.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
3. Small outside upper pouch. Hygiene items (wet wipes, tooth brush, etc). Emergency blanket, hand warmers, 9mm defense ammo. 20160529_215258.jpg

4. Front compartment. Water bottle, sawyer mini water filter kit, dry sack with extra wool socks, camp towel, monocular, first aid kit. With a secondary, very useful, American red Cross training kit with a sling, large gauze and some other misc items. 20160529_215344.jpg

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
5. Main compartment. A few days worth of food items (mre, noodles, snack bars, peanuts, etc). Machete, a little more ammo, hiking cook stand, dish kit. 20160529_215617.jpg

6. The overall weight. Not exactly sure how accurate it is, but I did weigh it 5 times and this came up 3 times. 20160529_220248.jpg

There are still a few things I will be adding periodically and switching out as the weather changes. Some of the items I carry extra of (food and ammo) is because I work on the road and it could very well be a 7 day walk for me to get back to the house or the secondary location. Also like stated in the previous post there would be some hand tools I would be grabbing from the truck before I abandon it. If there is anything you see that I may be missing or could improve on please feel free to comment.

tremis

Hunter
May 25, 2016
Bloomsburg PA
www.tremis.us
Zip code
I'm curious why there is a difference in a "ghb" and "bob". Aren't both bags designed to get you from where you are currently at to a preplanned location? Barring a major difference in travel time to either location, I dont see why somebody would necessarily need them to be different.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I'm curious why there is a difference in a "ghb" and "bob". Aren't both bags designed to get you from where you are currently at to a preplanned location? Barring a major difference in travel time to either location, I dont see why somebody would necessarily need them to be different.

My GHB is smaller and more discreet to get me from from where I am to my family or home. It doesn't have as much food and water and only has ammo for my Glock. It has a more basic shelter and medical supplies as well.

My BOB is larger and has more ammo for different guns, a stove and water purifier, a sturdier shelter, more in depth medical supplies.

If I'm using my GHB it will be a short distance I'm trying to cover as fast as possible to get to my family so I don't want to be weighed down too much and probably won't spend as much time worrying about sleeping and eating. If I'm further than a day or twos walk from my family then i bring the BOB with me.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
These ghbs and bobs must give a preparedness feeling like radar detectors do for some people.
Why not just stock the stuff in various locations within the perimeter of your travels so you don't have to carry shit around?
Isn't it enough being loaded with weapons and ammo in a scenario that would be deemed apocalyptic? (Odin forbid)

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
These ghbs and bobs must give a preparedness feeling like radar detectors do for some people.
Why not just stock the stuff in various locations within the perimeter of your travels so you don't have to carry shit around?
Isn't it enough being loaded with weapons and ammo in a scenario that would be deemed apocalyptic? (Odin forbid)

It's hard to stock stuff between where I live and the two options on where I would go.

Depending on how bad things are and where things are I may be going to Marietta, far south ga, Savannah, White GA, North Carolina, south Alabama or north Alabama.

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I travel the southeast and have no idea where I will be at any given day. So my ghb is enough for me to make at least a 3 day trek to the house.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
GHB = The backpack that stays in the trunk. It has everything that most people's BOBs have.

BOB = Everything of importance that I can quickly load into the car. If I'm leaving the house, there's serious shit going down.

Reactions: Cudruln