3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Good fertilizer and lots of water
I hit it with aeration, loamy topsoil, new fescue seed, and tons of water. I swear the fertilizer made the existing grass a lot greener, even though it looks horrible right now. I have a big clay patch in the back yard so I'm going to try fixing that today or tomorrow.

noclevername

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
usa
I hit it with aeration, loamy topsoil, new fescue seed, and tons of water. I swear the fertilizer made the existing grass a lot greener, even though it looks horrible right now. I have a big clay patch in the back yard so I'm going to try fixing that today or tomorrow.
now is not the time to plant fescue. should plant it in the fall it is a cool weather grass and does not like 90 degree heat unless you have a sprinkler system and keep it watered. Now is the time for Bermuda and Zoysia. Bermuda for full sun Zoysia will work in part shaded areas.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I'm just trying to grow grass in my yard
That means something entirely different in Oklahoma.

Morning fellers! Hot AF now - summer has certainly arrived. Got a little work in on the 98 stock yesterday, right now I'm devising a plan for rust chamber.

It gets super dry here (unlike right now) so getting rust solution to "take" has been a problem sometimes. I'm thinking of building a box to cover the suspended barreled action, water the hell out of an area in the yard, cover the barreled action and let nature do the work. I'm thinking the wet hot ground will shed that humidity like a fat chick climbing stairs.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
now is not the time to plant fescue. should plant it in the fall it is a cool weather grass and does not like 90 degree heat unless you have a sprinkler system and keep it watered. Now is the time for Bermuda and Zoysia. Bermuda for full sun Zoysia will work in part shaded areas.
I'm fighting dense shade from several magnolia trees, so there's maybe 4 hours of sunlight. While it's not ideal, I'm not sure what else to do. Never had grass problems until this year either.

noclevername

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
usa
I'm fighting dense shade from several magnolia trees, so there's maybe 4 hours of sunlight. While it's not ideal, I'm not sure what else to do. Never had grass problems until this year either.
Magnolia trees suck you have to clean up after them 12 months a year. That being said Zoysia grass should work in that environment. Dependinding on size of area Sod is easiet this time of year.