Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
That is awful. A good friend of mine had just paid off his Evo 1200. Switched to liability insurance only. And within a month some asshole hit him when he was stopped at a stop sign (from the side, he jumped off the bike). And jack ass drove off fast as Dennis was crawling out of a ditch.

That's when he quit riding. That bike was his primary transportation. His wife had to take him to and from work for months after that. This was about 1998.
Mine was a hit & run but I was fully insured, was on a GL1800 Goldwing. My wife asked that I sell off the other bike and stick to 4-wheels until we moved out to the sticks ;)

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Our power is back up so I wanted to do a quick shout out to @Axeman. He & a friend came out yesterday & installed the water heater I bought from home depot. I was going somewhat crazy because I've replaced them in the past & know it's not that tough a job. I just can't physically do it anymore. The best quote I could find out here was $1,700. o_O The cost of a water heater, replacement gas line & plumbing connections with ball valve cutoffs (just replacing all that because everything was old & didn't add much cost) was only around $700. I was having a hard time thinking of paying $1,000 for labor I knew how to do. I had about decided to try to do it myself over several days as my condition allowed when @Axeman called & volunteered.

This was even more meaningful coming just 3 days after losing my partner, Duke. So thank you to an outstanding member of the SET community.

Great story from a great community!

Thanks @Axeman!

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Damn I'm glad I'm not dealing with real estate anymore.
And here i am woke up at 10pm by the sound of fireworks. I get up and look out the backdoor just in enough time to hear the Indian kids come outside and start playing and turn on their airport lighting. I started to get my phone and take a pic of the back of my house that looks like a helicopter is shining it but my wife texted the neighbor and they turned it back off.

I FUCKING HATE MY NEIGHBORS. I can't wait to be able to get out of this hell hole or for them to move. GRRRR. If I wasn't a responsible person, it crossed my mind to unload my .38 as fast as possible right there in the backyard.

Smallsocks

Woodsman
Dec 20, 2021
atlanta
You could still own one and just track it? Or not worth the hassle?
It all depends on if you still want to do it. I used to race those tracks hayata mentioned and some and it was the best 5 years ive had. Put racing on hold when i moved to atlanta for a new career which didnt pay well at the start and just never got back. Granted i miss it every damn day. Its worst than shooting heroin and the most expensive hobby to date. Got to meet some awesome people all along the east coast with the same addiction that are still some good buddies of mine. Good times

Smallsocks

Woodsman
Dec 20, 2021
atlanta
From my decades of riding, I always tell people you have to assume every other vehicle is actively trying to kill you.
riding on the street is def a different mentality. I still ride on the street some as ill always have a bike. I always try to pass if possible, never assume anything, dont follow close, waiting at stop lights scare me unless theres another car behind me stopped.....

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
And here i am woke up at 10pm by the sound of fireworks. I get up and look out the backdoor just in enough time to hear the Indian kids come outside and start playing and turn on their airport lighting. I started to get my phone and take a pic of the back of my house that looks like a helicopter is shining it but my wife texted the neighbor and they turned it back off.

I FUCKING HATE MY NEIGHBORS. I can't wait to be able to get out of this hell hole or for them to move. GRRRR. If I wasn't a responsible person, it crossed my mind to unload my .38 as fast as possible right there in the backyard.
You just need some blanks.
Didn't someone have AK blanks for sale?

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Don't let the neighbors get to you if possible.

Stress with neighbors is one of life's big stressors. And stress is no bueno por vous.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Our power is back up so I wanted to do a quick shout out to @Axeman. He & a friend came out yesterday & installed the water heater I bought from home depot. I was going somewhat crazy because I've replaced them in the past & know it's not that tough a job. I just can't physically do it anymore. The best quote I could find out here was $1,700. o_O The cost of a water heater, replacement gas line & plumbing connections with ball valve cutoffs (just replacing all that because everything was old & didn't add much cost) was only around $700. I was having a hard time thinking of paying $1,000 for labor I knew how to do. I had about decided to try to do it myself over several days as my condition allowed when @Axeman called & volunteered.

This was even more meaningful coming just 3 days after losing my partner, Duke. So thank you to an outstanding member of the SET community.
Always a pleasure to see you, and always happy to help.
I’ll miss Duke too. Sharing the loss sometimes eases the load, if only a little.

And thank you for your hospitality and kindness, y’all are tops on my list.