Faktory 47

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
It appears the time I have been dreading has arrived. Duke stopped eating 2 days ago (won't even eat treats, cheese, anything) & today in moving around it is obvious his left hip is not working very well at all. Though hip dysplasia is common in large dogs like GSDs, he's never shown signs of it. He still follows me from room to room but struggles mightily to get up off the floor for the first time in his life. At almost 14 years old, he has far outlived every other pup from his litter & most German Shepherds in general. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, thank goodness, but has no interest in much of anything. I don't want him to suffer. I'll see if there is any improvement tonight & if he shows any appetite in the morning, but I fear it is time to make the tough call.

I've had a lot of dogs in my life, but Duke is definitely the greatest. Loving. friendly, loyal, great with kids, etc. Some of you have met him & know how cool he is. I was managing the kennel & in the room when he was born. He picked me, not the other way around. Whenever I would let him & his litter mates out to play at the kennel, he followed me around as I was working rather than playing with other puppies. The only one who has spent more time in my truck than his is me. Please pour one out for Duke this evening.
View attachment 147315
View attachment 147316

So sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you. I'll have a beer or two in his honor when I'm feeling better.

noclevername

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
usa
It appears the time I have been dreading has arrived. Duke stopped eating 2 days ago (won't even eat treats, cheese, anything) & today in moving around it is obvious his left hip is not working very well at all. Though hip dysplasia is common in large dogs like GSDs, he's never shown signs of it. He still follows me from room to room but struggles mightily to get up off the floor for the first time in his life. At almost 14 years old, he has far outlived every other pup from his litter & most German Shepherds in general. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, thank goodness, but has no interest in much of anything. I don't want him to suffer. I'll see if there is any improvement tonight & if he shows any appetite in the morning, but I fear it is time to make the tough call.

I've had a lot of dogs in my life, but Duke is definitely the greatest. Loving. friendly, loyal, great with kids, etc. Some of you have met him & know how cool he is. I was managing the kennel & in the room when he was born. He picked me, not the other way around. Whenever I would let him & his litter mates out to play at the kennel, he followed me around as I was working rather than playing with other puppies. The only one who has spent more time in my truck than his is me. Please pour one out for Duke this evening.
View attachment 147315
View attachment 147316
Sorry to hear this

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
Morning Men stay safe out there. i have decided i want a new job , i want to be the one the electrocutes the assholes that kill children and do mass shooting , i swear i could do it and never have trouble sleeping , WTF is going on in our world ,

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code

View attachment 147315
View attachment 147316
Damn dude. Just went through this a week and a half ago.

Just know Duke had the best life a dog could hope for.

Very sorry for your loss. Maybe ol' Rex and Duke will meet up in Dog Heaven, if there is such a thing.